Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Postby Taipion » Wed May 19, 2021 9:28 am

reeper_aut wrote:
i had one with otto of rose and one that was first empty then with berry juice.
both times i had to empty the vials with berry juice manually into the bucket, switching stuff in the distiller was automatic.
with otto in the vials it worked just fine. can't say why. maybe because i put roses in the distillers while they had berry juice?
even after picking up both buckets it was still the same

sorry that i didn't give you the reaction that you expected. i'm trying to give honest feedback

p.s. just now tried mod3 with berries (one bucket with otto, one empty, vials with berry juice) first vial i had to empty manually the next were done automatic
vials with otto worked just fine with berries / in mod2

The "problem" I have with your feedback, is that it is usually not helpful, unstructured and full of completely misleading assumptions,
bound in too much text and too little info, founded on misconceptions and iced with irrelevant clutter,
and overall simply resembles nagging ...or trolling.

I mean... just look at your last post as an example:
- You present a bug report in continued prose talk
- Actual reported information, what happened, are cluttered in talking to me and throwing in quesions and assumptions in between
- the "sorry" in between does not help either
- instead of fracturing this into 3 paragraphs including a "p.s.", you could have structured this
- your whole report could be 2 line of concise information, or a one liner followed by a few short bullet points
- you are either (quote:) "trying to give honest feedback" = your opinion on something, or you're providing a bug report, or request help with something you don't understand ...you're doing all 3 at once which ends up doing nothing of the 3

Explanation:
The code considers all buckets (and only buckets!) that are either empty, have otto or juice, as viable targets.
Do not carry a juice bucket when taking otto out of the vials and vice versa, all other stuff is irrelevant (you can have buckets of water, oil or whatever and it will be fine).
Only buckets in the main inventory are considered, so if you decide for yourself you really have to carry juice and otto with you all the time, just store one in your backpack when you gather the other.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby reeper_aut » Fri May 21, 2021 12:44 am

i wonder about the wrong assumption ....

could it be that i harvest both? instead of making your life more difficult on purpose?
same with opening the distiller to see what's inside .... is it ready, did someone use it, etc. but you just assume it's to make your life harder .....

to know what info is relevant, i would need to know what the program does use, but i don't, i haven't programmed or designed it ....
chill out a bit man
reeper_aut

Postby Taipion » Fri May 21, 2021 7:20 am

reeper_aut wrote:i wonder about the wrong assumption ....

could it be that i harvest both? instead of making your life more difficult on purpose?
same with opening the distiller to see what's inside .... is it ready, did someone use it, etc. but you just assume it's to make your life harder .....

to know what info is relevant, i would need to know what the program does use, but i don't, i haven't programmed or designed it ....
chill out a bit man

You do not need to know.
You assume it should work in a certain way and complain it does not.

Had you just followed the instructions and/or put a little thought to it, you would have no reason to complain,
at least, I have not heard anyone else complaining so far.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Merilven » Mon May 24, 2021 7:40 am

I honestly don't know if you can help me figure this out. But the "arrow home" doesn't work on my end at all. Which im very confused about. If you have any suggestions I'll try everyone and see if it fixes it on my end but otherwise thats the only problem im having. :/
You Can Catch Me Streaming Live on Youtube, Facebook or Twitch @Merilven
Merilven

Postby Taipion » Mon May 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Merilven wrote:I honestly don't know if you can help me figure this out. But the "arrow home" doesn't work on my end at all. Which im very confused about. If you have any suggestions I'll try everyone and see if it fixes it on my end but otherwise thats the only problem im having. :/

As answered in your pm, there are 2 options, check both and how they interact to get what you want. ;)

On another note: I just updated the last patch notes as I forgot a little detail:

Extended Feature: Time Stamp on finished-timer-windows
Got your client running while being afk for a minute, or maybe even longer?
And then a timer finished and you only know it did, but not when?!
No more, timers now tell you when they finished, so you can tell how much time has passed since then, even if you were not there at the moment.
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:39 pm

Update: now you see me (and the UI)...

New Feature: Hide the UI
This one is meant for hiding the whole UI, or selective parts of it,
should come in handy for making videos or certain kinds of screenshots.
console commands
":h" toggles hiding the whole UI, resets it if parts were hidden
":h help" tells you about the parts that can be hidden
":h part1 part2 part3 ..." will hide all those mentioned, so, as an example,
doing ":h mainmenu gamemenu humors fork cravings" would hide just those in one line,
you could put that on a hotkey or on a programmable key on your keyboard to hide your preferred things quickly.

New Feature: Hide the Player
Simple, the console command ":p" toggles hiding the player model,
to go along with the previously mentioned hiding UI command.

New Feature: Direct Call
Now this one is a bit more powerful,
the console command ":x show ..." will look for, and list everything that matches ... and
this includes actions, recipes, buildings, attacks, and so on, everything known to the character.
You forgot in which menu that one thing is, but know the name? Call it directly! ^^
With console command ":x ..." you call ... directly.
In addition, just typing ":x" will call/open the xtended menu, which is otherwise impossible to
directly call as you can not make a shortcut to it for technical reasons.

Just play around with it, also in combo with the hotkeys feature and/or programmable keyboard keys,
should be good for a lot of things.

Bug Fix: Auto-Equip-Shovel
Fixed a somewhat rare bug in that the auto shovel would fail,
it should be now even more reliable!

Outlook:
I'll soon rework the hotkeys feature to make it more useful,
you can be sure that'll be something you want. ;)

As always, get the update by running the updater.jar of your choice (first post of this thread) or getting the tsalem.jar directly (again, first post / github).

And as always, I'm looking for feedback and ideas of all kinds! Got some? Here's a pretty good place for them. ;)

... I have not forgotten about the "averager", but I decided to first fix all that stuff and not wait until new features are done,
another one I'm gonna try to do, will be a swift and intuitive feature to take x-amount out of sacks when you have several sacks in a container like a shed or chest or so.
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:34 pm

Update: Up is Down

New Feature: Option to invert the mouse cam controls
Options/Camera & Graphics/invert mouse cam
This applies to the following cams:
Free Cam (:cam free)
Smooth Free Cam (:cam sucky)
Far Out Cam (:cam farout)

New Minor Add: Food troughs now have a radius with ALT+R
Simple as that, same colour as scarecrows.

Bug Fix: Sort Only Main Inventory - Option
Fixed the "sort only main inventory"-option for continuous sorting,
it was not properly persisted (saved) between client restarts.
(no one used it?! had not a single person complain about it -.-)

Outlook:
Still thinking about the Hotkeys Rework, should be coming soon. ;)

As always, get the update by running the updater.jar of your choice (first post of this thread) or getting the tsalem.jar directly (again, first post / github).

And as always, I'm looking for feedback and ideas of all kinds! Got some? Here's a pretty good place for them. ;)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:58 pm

Made it so that x and y axis have their separate checkbox for inverting mouse cam controls.
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:22 pm

Plugins! Plugins everywhere!

I am going to release a few more plugins here, so stay tuned...

New Plugin: Auto-Message-Plugin
This one can send chat replies to anyone opening a conversation with you ingame,
can be useful to leave an afk message, or your shop page (yea, the forum is not that much used anymore, but still...) or anything else you can think of.

- see description in the plugin for usage
- settings are saved in a file "textmap.json" in your salem folder (users/username/salem/), deleting that file will restore the default messages/explanations in case you deleted them
- when active, can send messages automatically to anyone starting a conversation with you
- only sends messages to chat channels that do not contain a response from you yet, therefore the message(s) will be sent only once, unless you close the chat
- as you can see, this one lacks a proper icon, IF you like this plugin, feel free to make an icon for it ^^

Plugin Download Here
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:36 pm

Plugins! Plugins everywhere! #2

And here comes #2, the "Barn Handler"!

New Plugin: Barn Handler
- can count animals: look in system chat after activation
- can hide all animals but the ones you want to display, this is controlled by holding silver in your hand when activating, silver stacks do not drop when you KO or return to your homestead when your location is blocked when logging in
- hold no silver in hand and activate: display only diseased animals (note, it can take a moment to hide all all diseased animals, but it will work)
- 1s: baby animals
- 2s: female
- 3s: male
To show hidden animals again, you need to either reload the area by leaving and coming back (exit/enter the barn) or do a quick ":lo" and log back in (3 seconds if you're not too lazy)
Alternatively, you can turn on hitboxes (CTRL+6) to show these, which will still be displayed even if the animals are not.

Plugin Download Here
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana