Is this game dead?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Is this game dead?

Postby Traslogan » Mon May 11, 2020 6:16 pm

Just stumbled across salem again after maybe 4 years, saw there's not even a 2019 update, and only like 100 players.
Is the game completely dead now?
Traslogan

Re: Is this game dead?

Postby Nikixos » Tue May 12, 2020 12:04 am

no
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Traslogan » Tue May 12, 2020 8:57 am

Nikixos wrote:no

Well it seems dead. Whether it's just lack of players around providence and whatnot (I know they come and go, but I don't see many doing that either), or even just how worn out the map is after years and years of being used, it just all feels kinda dead.
Traslogan

Postby Nikixos » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am

Traslogan wrote:

Well it seems dead. Whether it's just lack of players around providence and whatnot (I know they come and go, but I don't see many doing that either), or even just how worn out the map is after years and years of being used, it just all feels kinda dead.

The map is huge go to discord
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Dallane » Thu May 21, 2020 6:31 am

Traslogan wrote:

We still have a nice population but it would be a ton easier finding them by using discord to interact with the community.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Bhadeti » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:56 pm

I just thought i'd come back but seeing as it's such a pain in the ass to get the game to load, i'm not even going to get into the game. Java won't open it due to high security, then I open the security settings but need the link that was originally in the file I opened, tried to re-open the file and it says there's no app to open it. The dev's should have fixed this ***** by now and actually developed an up to date gaming client. This is why the game is dead, nobody can easily get in to play.
Bhadeti

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:29 pm

Bhadeti wrote:I just thought i'd come back but seeing as it's such a pain in the ass to get the game to load, i'm not even going to get into the game. Java won't open it due to high security, then I open the security settings but need the link that was originally in the file I opened, tried to re-open the file and it says there's no app to open it. The dev's should have fixed this ***** by now and actually developed an up to date gaming client. This is why the game is dead, nobody can easily get in to play.

The game has a small playerbase but no development for aproxx 2 years. Gaming client was never developed properly, they just let random people write customized clients :D
200IQ move if you ask me.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:49 am

Bhadeti wrote:I just thought i'd come back but seeing as it's such a pain in the ass to get the game to load, i'm not even going to get into the game. Java won't open it due to high security, then I open the security settings but need the link that was originally in the file I opened, tried to re-open the file and it says there's no app to open it. The dev's should have fixed this ***** by now and actually developed an up to date gaming client. This is why the game is dead, nobody can easily get in to play.

LoL, look at that guy! Unable to deal with win10 java security but bashing at a game he's not even willing to play.

A honest advise for you:
You lack the skills and dedication to have any fun with this game, which is still possible for those that want to.
If you're willing to find out how to deal with win10, and that's not a "Salem problem" at all, you may ask yourself again if this game is something for you, but I doubt it is.

And no, it is not like "nobody can easily get in to play".
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby pistolshrimp » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:31 am

lol. While I agree the devs should spend some time upgrading the default client when they return, it would have taken less time to fix your problem than it did to write a post here bashing Salem.
pistolshrimp

Return to Help!