Unconscious in a personal claim

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Unconscious in a personal claim

Postby andhrimnir » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:55 pm

I was exploring the map when I reached a personal claim next to a river. I dropped my canoe and stayed inside the claim. I couldn't get my canoe back, so I entered the territory but I couldn't recover it either and I became unconscious. Now I can't get out of there and Madness is rising rapidly. What do I have to do?
andhrimnir

Re: Unconscious in a personal claim

Postby Nikixos » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:35 pm

Create new character you will die from madness because you comitted crimes
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Taipion » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:27 am

If you move (or do anything worse, like taking things) on a pclaim where you have no rights, you are committing a crime,
even if you place your own canoe on a hostile pclaim it is owned by the one who owns the claim, and taking it would be a crime, too.

If you KO on a hostile claim while having a crime debuff, you will be locked in place for 24h, which is usually not enough to kill you through madness, unless there are things nearby that increase the base passive gain like crabs on a spike or a hangman tree.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby andhrimnir » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:48 am

I already returned to my house.

Nikixos wrote:Create new character you will die from madness because you comitted crimes

I did not think about anything else. It was the only option I considered at first.

Taipion wrote:If you move (or do anything worse, like taking things) on a pclaim where you have no rights, you are committing a crime,
even if you place your own canoe on a hostile pclaim it is owned by the one who owns the claim, and taking it would be a crime, too.

If you KO on a hostile claim while having a crime debuff, you will be locked in place for 24h, which is usually not enough to kill you through madness, unless there are things nearby that increase the base passive gain like crabs on a spike or a hangman tree.

I did not know the mechanics of the crimes and that locked me for 24 hours
I lost my canoe, but not life. Now I know that exploring close to personal claims is dangerous. :P

Thank you very much to both.

andhrimnir

Postby Ronch » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Not sure if you know this too, so:
On the bottom left hand side of your screen while playing Salem, there are little buttons to toggle the visible ranges of Personal claims, Town claims, and Trial-By-Fires.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Also, if the Claim whether Town claim or Personal claim is not paid-up/active.
It will not prevent you from recovering your canoe on it's territory, nor trespassing or salvaging upon it.

To test whether or not a claim is paid-up:
From a good distance away click on any object inside of the territory, if it is paid/active you will get a system message telling you it is on someone else territory, if you do not get such a message, then the claim is not paid.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Return to Bugs & Technicalities