Foreign Theology

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Foreign Theology

Postby Ludwigp » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:27 pm

https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Foreign_Theology

As, I reading the salem wiki i got the idea to add - muslim style or ,,terrorist style' clothes maybe for providence and expedition becourse, I can't blow up myself without good look ;/ ¦]
Ludwigp

Re: Foreign Theology

Postby Heffernan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:21 am

Ludwigp wrote:https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Foreign_Theology

As, I reading the salem wiki i got the idea to add - muslim style or ,,terrorist style' clothes maybe for providence and expedition becourse, I can't blow up myself without good look ;/ ¦]

wait... are you implying muslim clothes are the same as terrorist clothes OR muslim clothes are the name for clothes that you can you to blow yourself up? :shock:
Heffernan

Postby black89hawk » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:20 am

Ludwigp wrote:https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Foreign_Theology

shoot up your mouth fool this game not to attack other Religions
black89hawk

Postby Chrumps » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:53 am

@moderators
Please hinnom this thread. It is too stupid to be there.
IIRC suicide attacks have been proposed earlier. Involving Islam in that does not fit game setting.
Chrumps

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 am

Chrumps wrote:@moderators
IIRC suicide attacks have been proposed earlier. Involving Islam in that does not fit game setting.

Idea threads are not locked or removed to promote everyone contributing to future features in the game. There are countless threads on here that are beyond stupid and do not fit the game setting. I see you did not report this thread, instead you chose to make a equally stupid post. If you don't like an idea than explain why its not good for the game.

For example you could of pointed out that Islamic clothing does not fit in a colonial setting. A good response would be that a explorer of foreign lands has brought back ancient relics from the desert and he/she adopted the clothing. Now there could be a interesting mechanic to introduce archeology or expand the mine system to find relics, etc. We could of had turbans, scimitars, flying carpets, that sheik head piece that one dude wore all the time in the 90s, and madness introduced via antediluvian unknowns.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ronch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:52 am

Fez hats would be awesome !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:07 am

Ronch wrote:Fez hats would be awesome !

omg that also i didn't even think about it lol
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Chrumps » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:40 am

Dallane wrote:...

1. I did point out it does not fit game setting.
2. Suicide attacks at the time were not common, the concept of terrorism was not defined and it was not linked to Islam at the time.
3. As for clothes, making it a common item would be against the setting. As a rare item, I do not care.
Chrumps

Postby Ronch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 am

Chrumps wrote:@moderators
Chrumps wrote:1. I did point out it does not fit game setting.
2. Suicide attacks at the time were not common, the concept of terrorism was not defined and it was not linked to Islam at the time.
3. As for clothes, making it a common item would be against the setting. As a rare item, I do not care.

The thread wasn't sent to hinnom, nor is it a stupid suggestion.

BTW:
Barbary pirates did practice terrorism, was called "terrorism", were Islamic (Ottoman and Moors), and were just becoming a burgeoning active force during this game's time period.
Their affect had a large influence and impact in the Americas during that time period, which fits the "setting" quite well.
...Heff was actually kidnapped by them in a past life, which started the Barbary coast war(s). :mrgreen:

Barbary pirate's origins can be traced back to the Alaouite Dynasty as far back as the mid 16th century.
Eventually becoming a full blown terrorist-kingdom of three North African States in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Tulgarath » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 pm

In not sure more than a handful even blew anyone up. I blew myself up on Concord cause it DCd me on lighting.
Tulgarath

Return to Ideas & Innovations