The Second Age Treaty

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

The Second Age Treaty

Postby Ikpeip » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 am

Good evening,

The introduction...
My name is Peter, a humble missionary among the Natives of the New World. I have been laboring to reform these proud but misguided people and cure them of their Paganistic ways. I am delighted to report a large portion of the populace, including their Chieftain, have moved closer to the truth and adopted a Monotheistic belief. Instead of sinfully praising two deities, they have realized there can only be one supreme source, whom they have settled upon as "Loftar." The Devil who seeks to corrupt them they call "Jorb" - they believe that it is this Devil who brought upon the Apocalypse of the First Age. While I admit there is some distance before they reach the full Truth, this is a good step in the right direction.

However, with the recent surge in new colonists, the lands are bound to be rife with tension soon. I expressed my concerns about this to their Chief, and he asked me to oversee a "Treaty." Historical records indicate this was a pact between the Natives and the settlers of the First Age.

The terms...
Becoming a Treaty Member is the most basic level of affiliation with the Tribe that the Tribe offers. Settlers who sign up for the Treaty will receive:
-A guarantee of non-aggression from the Tribal Braves
-A guarantee of non-aggression from Tribal Horde affiliates (for as long as this affiliation lasts)
-Justice and vengeance against other settlers who commit aggressive acts against them
-Favorable trading rights with the Tribal traders
-Access to limited maps as they are compiled

Settlers who sign up for the Treaty will provide:
-Their names, and the names of those who share a homestead with them
-Their location, to ensure legitimate settlers may be identified among the illegal Filthy Squatters
-An oath to live by the rules below

The Rules:
-The Tribe is the sole legitimate government in the New World, and Treaty Members(TMs) shall recognize no other government
-TMs shall not commit crimes against their fellow man, except in self-defense. This includes larceny, waste, assault, and murder
-TMs shall not conspire against the Tribe, or work to weaken their interests
-TMs shall not live in the Tribal Burial Grounds (this area will be well-defined when it has been identified - any TMs living in the area when it is identified will be given time to relocate)
-TMs shall not worship Jorb

FAQ:
Does this cost money/silver?

No, per order of the Chief

Why do we have to tell you where we live now?

To make it more efficient to identify TMs from Filthy Squatters, not only for the Braves but for Tribal Horde affiliates

Why didn't you give me warning I needed to sign up before you smashed my claim?

This was your warning - if we find an unpaid claim with the player online, we may accept a late fee as a penalty. Otherwise, the illegal settlement will be removed. We recognize no obligation to give criminals a chance to reform only when they have been caught

When can I sign up?

You may send me a PM now, before you have settled, and then provide your homestead location once it has been established.

How long will the Treaty remain in effect?

Any changes to the rules of the Treaty will be announced at least a few days before they are enacted. Those who break with rules of the Treaty can be kicked out immediately.

The farmville life isn't for me, but I want more!

If you wish to fight and raid for the Tribe, speak with Chief about other relationships available with the Tribe besides being a Treaty Member. Otherwise, take your chances as a criminal.

The farmville life is for me, and I want more!

Historically there have been individuals whose productivity and work ethic rises above that of the average populace. If you are such a member and wish for closer affiliation with the Tribe (but don't wish to live the life of violence), speak with Chief about the Spirit Guide program.

Faithfully,

-Peter, missionary among the Pagans
Ikpeip

Re: The Second Age Treaty

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:26 am

For those who are visual learners. This is a cave-drawing from our people of the PMP visiting your claims and presenting you with the treaty.

And here is a visual representation from somebody who resisted.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Diocletian » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:22 am

Coming-Soon™.
jorb wrote:Oh, btw. Big thank yous to all of you who have supported us and who are still here reading this. We love you all dearly. <3
Diocletian

Postby iamah » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:29 pm

FAQ says it doesn't cost money, then it says if they find an unpaid claim they'll smash... makes sense :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODNxy3YOPU
iamah

Postby Droj » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:43 pm

Chief WakkaWakka of the NuNu tribe offers me better protection for less. Not any of this *****.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Binks » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:48 pm

iamah wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODNxy3YOPU

I really hope you don't actually listen to this trash.
Binks

Postby Ukhata » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:58 pm

sepultura is actualy rather good...
Ukhata

Postby mentalyll » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Binks wrote:

Opinions opinions...
mentalyll

Postby Zapt13 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm interested in any checks and balances, here.

Also, is there any sort of Mission Statement like in the preamble to the US Constitution? What is the Tribe's ultimate purpose and so forth? Who decides on changes to the Treaty? Is there anything that would prevent the Tribe from suddenly charging TMs in the future?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby iamah » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Binks wrote:

I also listen to the pre-trash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkrB6VDynRc
iamah

Next

Return to House of Burgesses