Items Lost

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Items Lost

Postby mylittlepony » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:48 am

Hello, i want to apologize in advanced for my poor english, its not my first or second language.

Hello everyone, i want some help, i don't know where else to post but i think this is the right place to do it.

i started playing salem about 2 weeks ago, i had no idea what i was doing but i managed to learn from tutorials and wiki, everything alright until a 1 week ago, i had my humble base with split rail fence, i had fields of crops and everything was looking fine, i managed to buy 3 iron bars to start my own production, it was all the money i had but i was worth it because i would no longer need to buy more nails from boston, i logged out and the next day when i logged back in i found my 3 iron bars gone!, i tough someone stole them but i found nothing with the toggle tracking for players who may stole them, i was really sad but i didn't care that much, i decided to pack the most important stuff that i had in that place and went looking for a new land filled with a lot of lime ground, i flattened the area and started building in it, found a mine and decided that it was the perfect place to build my house, after lots of hours hunting crikets and feathers and selling leather i managed to buy another 3 bars of iron, i started to build the ore smelter, i placed the 3 iron bars and went looking for other materials needed, when i got back i found my 3 bars missiong even tough i used them to start the build for the ore smelter, im really mad because its a bug caused by the game and i don't think im just gonna be ok and go and grind more stuff to get those 3 bars back, i hope an admin or someone who can help me with those 3 bars back, it may seem just a little but that was days of hard work from me.

http://plymouth.seatribe.se/mt/ss/2e083 ... 91c69dd175
mylittlepony

Re: Items Lost

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:54 am

If its not on your claim then its probably just getting hit by decay.
DarkNacht

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:11 am

Not a Bug. You were sent the Treaty letter. You did not respond and you did not pay. The Tribe took your bars as a penalty. You have (2) hours to contact the Paymaster and get in compliance with server-law. mods, Please move this from bugs, we are responsible for the lost bars and soon to be lost base if he fails to comply.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby mylittlepony » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 am

jwhitehorn wrote:Not a Bug. You were sent the Treaty letter. You did not respond and you did not pay. The Tribe took your bars as a penalty. You have (2) hours to contact the Paymaster and get in compliance with server-law. mods, Please move this from bugs, we are responsible for the lost bars and soon to be lost base if he fails to comply.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Wait wait wait, are you telling me that you people can just go into my campment and steal my already build iron bars with out touching anything else within 5 minutes that i was away buying nails from boston?
mylittlepony

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 am

jwhitehorn wrote:Not a Bug. You were sent the Treaty letter. You did not respond and you did not pay. The Tribe took your bars as a penalty. You have (2) hours to contact the Paymaster and get in compliance with server-law. mods, Please move this from bugs, we are responsible for the lost bars and soon to be lost base if he fails to comply.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Thanks for the info, Chief! I'm moving this to HoB as it seems there may be more to this than just explaining what went wrong or the mechanics are.

In case it wasn't clear, this is a full PvP game where nothing is "owned" unless you can keep it in your possession. Even then, you can be knocked out (or killed) and have your possessions stolen. Claims are only to deter others and provide a means for exacting retribution through a mechanic called "force summon" those that leave evidence of crimes such as theft, waste, and murder.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby mylittlepony » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:47 am

MagicManICT wrote:

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Thanks for the info, Chief! I'm moving this to HoB as it seems there may be more to this than just explaining what went wrong or the mechanics are.

In case it wasn't clear, this is a full PvP game where nothing is "owned" unless you can keep it in your possession. Even then, you can be knocked out (or killed) and have your possessions stolen. Claims are only to deter others and provide a means for exacting retribution through a mechanic called "force summon" those that leave evidence of crimes such as theft, waste, and murder.

i know that, im just saying that those 3 iron bars disapeared when i went to boston to buy more nails and when i went back the iron bars disapeared even tough they where already builded
mylittlepony

Postby mylittlepony » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:00 am

MagicManICT wrote:

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

i think hes talking about the first 3 bars
mylittlepony

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:11 am

I will apologize for the confusion on my part. Now that I reread the first post, I do see the order of events better. (What I get for trying to watch a bit of Sunday night TV and read through posts. :oops: )

Is there a claim? Without it, there will be no theft scents. Also, building signs off of claims are affected by decay. I don't know if anyone has confirmed if this is a mechanic or bug. When a signpost is hit by decay, items built into it are potentially lost.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby mylittlepony » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 am

MagicManICT wrote:I will apologize for the confusion on my part. Now that I reread the first post, I do see the order of events better. (What I get for trying to watch a bit of Sunday night TV and read through posts. :oops: )

Is there a claim? Without it, there will be no theft scents. Also, building signs off of claims are affected by decay. I don't know if anyone has confirmed if this is a mechanic or bug. When a signpost is hit by decay, items built into it are potentially lost.

ok, that must be it, i didn't know that because it doesn't say it in the wiki, thanks anyways, i wish i knew that early and not waste those bars :/
mylittlepony

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:08 am

There were no scents left because the smelter was off your claim. The bars themselves could be taken because you didn't physically press "build" so placing them in teh sign meant we could simply take them out.

Again, This has little relevance in the grand scope of things which is you solicited to be a Treaty Payer and then proceeded to "blow off" the Paymaster for days. Check your PM box and get in compliance with local laws and regulations. I've been more than generous up to this point but you would be wise to cash in on this generosity and stop breaking the law.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Next

Return to House of Burgesses