Why I Quit Salem.

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Why I Quit Salem.

Postby GuNNuH » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:28 am

I haven't played in a long while, until yesterday, I played all night last night trying to get the Salem world back into my head. This morning started getting comfortable and trying to rebuild what was destroyed by either other people or lack of repairs. So I started collecting Lime and Clay, so I could trade the lime and build a new smelter for my mine. Found a nice guy who was willing to trade me some nails for lime, how thoughtful. After I got my nails and gave him all his loads of lime, I was met by a wonderful tribesmen.
The mechanics of the tribesmen aren't all that bad I guess, but I'm not a salemaholic, and I don't have the time to dump 30 hours a week into this game. I'm not going to pay a treaty cause I don't have the silver yet, I'm not going to have the time to get the silver, nor will I pay real money for a treaty payment. I'm not a Griefer I just want get on and play around a little bit and see if I can get into it. I've decided that the tribesmen have ruined this game, IMO. I was having better luck when I played the first time and they weren't around, even with people stealing things.
@Seatribe I've put money into this game, even when it was in beta, I was about to drop a little more in it to get the ball rolling, but the good ole tribesmen saved me. If he would have waited just 1 or 2 more hours, he would have had more loot. I almost had everything for the smelter just needed a couple more things. And then I was going to buy some silver with real world money, so I could get my profs up and glutton system. GOOD THING I WAITED! No money for you Seatribe LoL
GuNNuH

Re: Why I Quit Salem.

Postby jwhitehorn » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:31 am

GuNNuH wrote:I haven't played in a long while, until yesterday, I played all night last night trying to get the Salem world back into my head. This morning started getting comfortable and trying to rebuild what was destroyed by either other people or lack of repairs. So I started collecting Lime and Clay, so I could trade the lime and build a new smelter for my mine. Found a nice guy who was willing to trade me some nails for lime, how thoughtful. After I got my nails and gave him all his loads of lime, I was met by a wonderful tribesmen.
The mechanics of the tribesmen aren't all that bad I guess, but I'm not a salemaholic, and I don't have the time to dump 30 hours a week into this game. I'm not going to pay a treaty cause I don't have the silver yet, I'm not going to have the time to get the silver, nor will I pay real money for a treaty payment. I'm not a Griefer I just want get on and play around a little bit and see if I can get into it. I've decided that the tribesmen have ruined this game, IMO. I was having better luck when I played the first time and they weren't around, even with people stealing things.
@Seatribe I've put money into this game, even when it was in beta, I was about to drop a little more in it to get the ball rolling, but the good ole tribesmen saved me. If he would have waited just 1 or 2 more hours, he would have had more loot. I almost had everything for the smelter just needed a couple more things. And then I was going to buy some silver with real world money, so I could get my profs up and glutton system. GOOD THING I WAITED! No money for you Seatribe LoL

You left out the part on how I gave you an opportunity to live and I offered to pay your first month Treaty payment for you and you threw it back in my face.

P.S. Thanks for the Beta Armor. That is worth about 100-200 Iron Bars and I am now rich.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby GuNNuH » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:40 am

No you did give me the opportunity to live, never said you didn't. More of a Chance to live, and it really doesn't matter, I'm done anyway, If it wasn't you it was the next guy who, would have came by and killed me not n the tribe. the fact it was you is irrelevant really, (contrary to what I said earlier). Just no room for noobies apparently, I dont surf forums. I just play games, unless i need to report a bug or something. I don't have the time for this game and i'm not dumping money into it hoping that another tribesmen doesn't kill me, or any one else for that matter. Signing out.
GuNNuH

Postby jwhitehorn » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 am

GuNNuH wrote:No you did give me the opportunity to live, never said you didn't. More of a Chance to live, and it really doesn't matter, I'm done anyway, If it wasn't you it was the next guy who, would have came by and killed me not n the tribe.

See this is why you need to read the forums. There is no "Next guy" committing murders in my lands. If you are a treaty payer then you can essentially run naked through the entire server... nobody would dare touch you.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Bilgepump » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 am

Sounds like you are blaming the wind for your farts young noobling...
Bilgepump

Postby DarkSeed » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:13 am

People, who buy items from game shop on start to "support the game", always make me smile... Well, not to "smile", actually. To grin, i think.
DarkSeed

Postby Claeyt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:47 am

Bilgepump wrote:Sounds like you are blaming the wind for your farts young noobling...

Noobling? According to your profile you just started 2 weeks ago yourself, or are you someone else?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Claeyt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:51 am

GuNNuH wrote:I haven't played in a long while, until yesterday, I played all night last night trying to get the Salem world back into my head. This morning started getting comfortable and trying to rebuild what was destroyed by either other people or lack of repairs. So I started collecting Lime and Clay, so I could trade the lime and build a new smelter for my mine. Found a nice guy who was willing to trade me some nails for lime, how thoughtful. After I got my nails and gave him all his loads of lime, I was met by a wonderful tribesmen.

Good Luck GuNNuH,

This game is broken in so many ways that's it's hard for me to defend it these days. The worst break in the game are the top players. Unlike most new indi games, they'd rather play with the same 10 people on the server than help the game grow by helping new players so that they seem to "Win". Unfortunately the game slowly loses.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Bilgepump wrote:Sounds like you are blaming the wind for your farts young noobling...

What a old account you have there.

Shut the ***** up noobass
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Dallane wrote:

What a old account you have there.

Shut the ***** up noobass

Given his beta pack armour - i think you need to cool your jets. Forum account is new but doesn't mean anything.
RonPaulFTW

Next

Return to House of Burgesses