Great wall of... WTF? :|

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Great wall of... WTF? :|

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 am

frozencanadian wrote:Adventuring out and about and came across this. Feel sorry for the people that live near this guy, seriously what with people always trying to claim 2/3 of an area the size of Texas before they have claim to protect their chests. The wall goes on a fair bit past pic too, and all there is a noob-lean, and some logs.

Derp wall.jpg

texas again! this sure is a sign! (please, ppl dont mind me, im just mumbling)

anyways, how big is it exactly? can you show it by minimap? would you take a pic of the whole thing? what is the coords to this place?
(thanks in advance!)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Uronoro » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Well... possible to just set up claims around the perimeter of Boston and make the nublets gets their feet wet in the ocean to be free. They probably won't have the ability to trespass, so, no wall needed.

Just feeding the trolls some thoughts. I'm not feeling well, so don't scorn me too much for it XD.
Uronoro

Postby MrEllu » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Uronoro wrote:Well... possible to just set up claims around the perimeter of Boston and make the nublets gets their feet wet in the ocean to be free. They probably won't have the ability to trespass, so, no wall needed.

I would like to see someone try this, to specify I would like to see Loftar smiting them XD
MrEllu

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Uronoro wrote:Well... possible to just set up claims around the perimeter of Boston and make the nublets gets their feet wet in the ocean to be free. They probably won't have the ability to trespass, so, no wall needed.

You're about six months late on the idea. Someone threatened to do this after the buffer zone around claims was removed.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Chiprel » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:58 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

You're about six months late on the idea. Someone threatened to do this after the buffer zone around claims was removed.

and you can walk on claims without trespass skill. :P
Trespass skill grants you ability to open containers and see what's in them.
To walk on someone else claim you just have to turn on criminal acts.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby milonti » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Does anyone know if you can destroy from inside the boston claim? If not, a wall around it would be griefing indeed. Someone would have to go from the outside and bash their way in XD
milonti

Postby MrEllu » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Chiprel wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

and you can walk on claims without trespass skill. :P

Shhhhh... Why did you give that away!! Noblets would have not known that, you silly guy.
MrEllu

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:15 am

Chiprel wrote:and you can walk on claims without trespass skill. :P

The problem is you still take Black Bile drain. Trespassing is still just that. You could make the claim wide enough that a person without Run or Wander actions would pass out with only 5 BB.

milonti wrote:Does anyone know if you can destroy from inside the boston claim? If not, a wall around it would be griefing indeed. Someone would have to go from the outside and bash their way in XD

I don't see why it would be restricted as the object itself isn't on a claim. This is just a guess/assumption, though, and I certainly wouldn't take it as concrete data.

The problem is that there are areas you can't build walls on near the Boston claim leaving a big space that lets people just walk around.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby milonti » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:54 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I don't see why it would be restricted as the object itself isn't on a claim. This is just a guess/assumption, though, and I certainly wouldn't take it as concrete data.

The problem is that there are areas you can't build walls on near the Boston claim leaving a big space that lets people just walk around.

Yeah i eventually remembered there are rivers and stuff near boston. oh well.
milonti

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses