Celebrate the Patch Event

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Celebrate the Patch Event

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:48 am

November is the season for sharing, for giving thanks and giving back. You have graciously given your love and your support to the developers, and now your favorite developer* wishes to give you some love and support back. It is in this spirit that I announce the Celebrate the Patch Event and what is a patch but a piece of cloth or other material used to mend or strengthen a torn or weak point? So what better way to celebrate the patch than with a tailoring event, because behind each excellent patch must be an excellent tailor... pistolshrimp.

"That's all well and good," you say, "but what do I get?" Good Question.

I have amassed a large amount of clothing to give away. Not just any clothing but exclusively 0 difficulty mid-tier, top-tier, and rare clothing, including a blue glowworm cape. Furthermore every item has been per-slotted with a lace just to make it that much sweeter.

On November 14th the pistolshrimp will come to providence himself and distribute 3 randomly selected items to each person who wishes to participate. Both new, old, and returning players are encouraged to participate; essentially anyone who needs 0 diff clothing.

There are only 2 (hopefully fun) rules for this event:
1. You must wear your clothing once you get it. I am recording the event for a video and want to do a before vs after shot of each person. A glow-up if you will.
2. Please try to slot and use your clothing, don't hide it in a box somewhere, I want you to have fun with it.

I will also be hosting an nontraditional raffle/auction across discord for a chance to win an additional blue glowworm cape. The cost of entry is to DM me on Discord one tip/or fact about some aspect of Salem you think I might not already know. The player who sends the most interesting/helpful tip wins the cape. I will announce the winner (but not the tip) on the 14th.

Lastly, in acknowledgement of my fellow hardworking developer, Marp Tarpton, I will teasel the first 50 new support the patch Gnome or Phrygian Hats that are brought to me.
Disclaimer: I can guarantee low difficulty but not 0, every so often I have rolled 1 or 2.

Check out the discord for updates or to ask questions.

I also want shout out a few people who have helped me in one way or another towards making this event happen.
Grey Beard - for donating a bunch of lace.
Witchy - for donating a bunch of lace.
Kuku - for donating crafting materials
Kiki - for donating crating materials and emotional support

Last Note: I told a couple of people about this ahead of time and Salem players are nothing if not a suspicious lot, a few asked me what I stand to gain from this. While I do enjoy helping the community and making dumb videos, I do gain something from this so will be upfront about it - anonymity. I run a lot of characters that leanto in the wild for one reason or another, right now if you find clothing with my name on it, you know that's my toon, but if everyone is wearing my clothes it is just as likely to be some random as it is me. I intend to sell my clothing in the future so more people have access to my clothing, but this event helps jump start that process.

This event is sponsored by Pistolshrimp - Our Favorite Dev, now number 14 on the bestsellers list.

"developer"
pistolshrimp

Re: Celebrate the Patch Event

Postby Taipion » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:35 pm

I could help out with my tailor for teaseling if you provide the teasels, guaranteed zero diff! ;)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:17 pm

Taipion wrote:I could help out with my tailor for teaseling if you provide the teasels, guaranteed zero diff! ;)

I may take you up on this, thank you. Let me see how much T&N I can gain this week.
pistolshrimp

Postby NordErdTod » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:28 am

This sounds like a fun event! I won't be able to make it there, but wish luck with the video!
NordErdTod

Postby pistolshrimp » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:07 am

NordErdTod wrote:This sounds like a fun event! I won't be able to make it there, but wish luck with the video!

Thanks for support!
pistolshrimp

Postby Kikiball » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:36 am

pistolshrimp wrote:Kiki - for donating crating materials and emotional support

technically i didnt donate materials, you stole them from my sheds. but glad i could help buddy, cant wait for the fun <3
tatertot18 wrote:
RobertoKarlos wrote:Damn that Kiki sounds like a *****.

Bring it and I guarantee she'll make you hers.
Kikiball

Return to City upon a Hill