New world, new siege system

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

New world, new siege system

Postby bmjclark » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:31 am

http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... eba1c3efd8

Should be a lot of fun, hope to see you guys there!
bmjclark

Re: New world, new siege system

Postby Heffernan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:53 am

every single second of this video makes me hate JC more and more... :(
Heffernan

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:28 am

bmjclark wrote:http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=67175&sid=cf7313d471de99fb2b1957eba1c3efd8

HnH still sucks compared to Salem, which is astonishing, considering the circumstances.

That new, half-hearted "siege system" does not chance anything, it looks very not thought through, just what happens when someone who did not even think about that puts up a mechanic like that.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby rodibres » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Taipion wrote:HnH still sucks compared to Salem, which is astonishing, considering the circumstances.

I try really hard to like HnH from time to time LOL, but Salem has a special charisma on everything imo. I decided to come back and play again even without any updates before the w12 releases to decide wich one of the games i'll keep playing and i'm having a blast. Sorry HnH, maybe in w13 :lol:
rodibres

Postby Zapt13 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:01 pm

As a long-time Salemite, I was very reluctant to play HnH. I watched my friends leave Salem, shared a town with a toxic fellow, survived a raid, and continued on as a Hermit for many years. Then a complete redress of the HnH engine enabled my former Salem-friends to convince me to try HnH (2? Hafen? Whatever the latest iteration may best be called). There are a lot of features which relate to quality of life. Being able to freely stockpile many objects is one big one for me. There is also a movement "slide" in which, if you encounter an object hitbox at a slight angle, you continue traveling along the edge, where in Salem you abruptly stop.

Truly if you enjoy the play style of Salem and don't mind your progress being at greater risk (both from other players in game and from developer resets), I'd recommend you at least take a look at it and maybe play a few hours.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Dallane » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:26 am

Taipion wrote:
bmjclark wrote:http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=67175&sid=cf7313d471de99fb2b1957eba1c3efd8

HnH still sucks compared to Salem, which is astonishing, considering the circumstances.

That new, half-hearted "siege system" does not chance anything, it looks very not thought through, just what happens when someone who did not even think about that puts up a mechanic like that.

Salem has a AMAZING siege system! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven quality of life mechanics, crafting/resource systems and community is what make it amazing.

I dunno why you guys bash a game thats directly related to the one we love. The successful systems on haven will make their way to salem at some point lol.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Return to City upon a Hill