Salem Map Project 2.0

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Salem Map Project 2.0

Postby pistolshrimp » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:47 am

I'd like to officially restart the Salem Map Project.

This is a reboot of a long lost project I contributed a few years back that ultimately went no where. I come to this project armed with much more experience and the programing ability to make a lot of the ideas I have a reality.

In this version of the map project I will focus slightly less on just making a map and more on creating the tools I need along the way as I make the public map.

Salem Tile Sticher
Salem Map Tile Privacy Tool

To those ends my next project is working on improving the existing map tile merging/management tool, typically the Salem Map Tool or the Time Paradox Map Tool. I have some ideas for what improvements to make but if anyone has suggestions leave a comment or even better message me on Discord.

However I could use your help. Most of my projects require a significant time programing, which means I'm not out there collecting tiles or really playing Salem at all. I need your help collecting new map tiles to test on and to use for the eventual public map. If you use a custom client which saves the tiles simply zip them and send them to me through Dropbox.

pistolshrimp

Re: Salem Map Project 2.0

Postby Taipion » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:05 pm

pilgrim says 500mb, guess you meant 50mb there :D
[edit]: maybe you mean 500mb, but you could probably arrange in a nicer way to make more clear what is what.

Nice work though!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to City upon a Hill