Had fun for another round, but wont be returning again.

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Had fun for another round, but wont be returning again.

Postby Taruden » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:35 pm

Enjoyed the nostalgia trip of playing Salem again. Actually surprised garbage humans didn't swing through to ruin things sooner. The low-pop of this game definitely helps. This is a part of the of the game, but really stealing keys?
Wish I could post a screen shot of where I'm at. I will be letting the claim drop and the stuff is up for grabs. Needed a excuse to stop logging in just to maintain my claim. Thanks to whoever stopped in for a visit!
Taruden

Re: Had fun for another round, but wont be returning again.

Postby gorniksam » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:58 pm

its a good reason to rage quit :lol:
gorniksam

Postby pistolshrimp » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:01 pm

pistolshrimp

Postby T0ne » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:20 am

Not worth the time, with such a large map and small player count there is either a bunch of no lifers trolling the map looking for any sign of activity or there is something more suspect going on, leaning towards the second option based on what just happen with the character I logged into yesterday for the first time in years. Plenty of other games to spend time on.
T0ne

Postby Taipion » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:00 pm

T0ne wrote:Not worth the time, with such a large map and small player count there is either a bunch of no lifers trolling the map looking for any sign of activity or there is something more suspect going on, leaning towards the second option based on what just happen with the character I logged into yesterday for the first time in years. Plenty of other games to spend time on.

Yea complaining about others finding your base and complaining about a too big map and too few players at once... :lol:

There are a few things to learn in this game, and a few kinds of people that are definitely not made for it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby T0ne » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:45 pm

Taipion wrote:
T0ne wrote:Not worth the time, with such a large map and small player count there is either a bunch of no lifers trolling the map looking for any sign of activity or there is something more suspect going on, leaning towards the second option based on what just happen with the character I logged into yesterday for the first time in years. Plenty of other games to spend time on.

Yea complaining about others finding your base and complaining about a too big map and too few players at once... :lol:

There are a few things to learn in this game, and a few kinds of people that are definitely not made for it.

You seem to be confused. I enjoy the large map and the population count being low does not bother me, in the case of wanting to live a more peaceful in-game existence based on the large map / dead game was one of the reasons I logged in and explored a bit (never built a base). My point is and it reaffirms the OP's point to some extent, that with both these factors being true, the fact that threads like this still exist confirm there are people that wander the map looking for any signs of new players and do what they can do ruin their day / set them back. That is sad on so many levels.
T0ne

Postby Taipion » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:56 pm

T0ne wrote:
Taipion wrote:

You seem to be confused. I enjoy the large map and the population count being low does not bother me, in the case of wanting to live a more peaceful in-game existence based on the large map / dead game was one of the reasons I logged in and explored a bit (never built a base). My point is and it reaffirms the OP's point to some extent, that with both these factors being true, the fact that threads like this still exist confirm there are people that wander the map looking for any signs of new players and do what they can do ruin their day / set them back. That is sad on so many levels.

It only shows that there still are people who:
- mistake salem for a single player pve crafting game
- have absolutely no ability or will to progress, learn or adapt***
- refuse to accept that they are not meant for the game and spill great amounts of tears doing so (tears actually are part of this game)

*** like building actual walls and def instead of sitting in their newbie claim (if they have a claim at all) with split rail or makeshift fences and usually no locks or not even fences at all,
then complaining about some passerby looting some of "their" stuff that was completely undefended or not even on a claim (= not theirs to begin with)

Competent players have shown time and time again that it is very well possible to start with nothing and close up to the "top players" within a few months.

If you, instead, have a "base" that a completely new player could have done in a day or two, after you've been sitting there for half a year of playing,
invested literally zero time and effort into it's defence, and then complain how this game is not what you want and demand it to be changed to your liking,
disregarding the literally hundreds of active players still enjoying the game as it is with all its thrill...
...then I can do nothing but saying "thank you!", because your tears are what makes this game great,
only through the inferiority of players like you, we can truly value the efforts and achievements of actually ambitious and capable players,
and so, to a tiny degree, you were actually meant to play it, if only for that little part.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby gorniksam » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:35 pm

gorniksam

Return to House of Burgesses