How is the game doing?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

How is the game doing?

Postby WeebKiller » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:55 pm

Since I started playing Salem, I loved the graphics and some ideas in the game. Long story short, I lost all my items and was too lazy to get new items so I stopped playing. But I always wondered how the game was doing, I am sure that none of us would want the game dead.
WeebKiller

Re: How is the game doing?

Postby Paradoxyc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:33 pm

No word yet but assuming that development will continue eventually. Still fun to play solo or with friends
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:50 pm

There is a quite active Salem Discord: https://discord.gg/XdCsdr
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:17 am

667 active users a month:( man its sad what’s happening to this game.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:20 am

WeebKiller wrote:Since I started playing Salem, I loved the graphics and some ideas in the game. Long story short, I lost all my items and was too lazy to get new items so I stopped playing. But I always wondered how the game was doing, I am sure that none of us would want the game dead.

Pop wise it's not too bad. you can find people to play with fairly easily. Discord is the best place to get in with the community
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby supajasiu » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:40 am

A more lasting discord invite would be nice
supajasiu

Postby Goodman12 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:41 pm

supajasiu wrote:A more lasting discord invite would be nice

https://discord.gg/Wd5T3ex
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Laighin » Sun May 10, 2020 5:28 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:Still fun to play solo or with friends

Hi Community, so what is the game like now ?

I left some while ago when witchcraft was announced because witchcraft is not really my taste; that goes more towards fantasy. Great for those who love it but probably not me.

From this forum it sounds like less people are playing these days than when I left, it is still possible to do trading at the market stalls or is that less if less people play ? What is the wilderness like with less people ?
Laighin

Postby elidmw » Sun May 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Laighin wrote:Hi Community, so what is the game like now ?

I left some while ago when witchcraft was announced because witchcraft is not really my taste; that goes more towards fantasy. Great for those who love it but probably not me.

From this forum it sounds like less people are playing these days than when I left, it is still possible to do trading at the market stalls or is that less if less people play ? What is the wilderness like with less people ?

Some experienced players play, so they sell most of the stuff at the stalls, but maybe won't buy common items. The wilderness is now ruled by nature - you can walk for hours and find no active claims...
elidmw

Postby Laighin » Sun May 10, 2020 10:54 pm

elidmw wrote:Some experienced players play, so they sell most of the stuff at the stalls, but maybe won't buy common items. The wilderness is now ruled by nature - you can walk for hours and find no active claims...

Thank you kindly for your answer, I'll have a look over the next week if I get this running again. In the worst case I start a new character. I liked the game concept itself and the setting in the New World. Just the idea of witchcraft put me off for a while.

Did anything change recently, just saw I was offline for longer than I thought :

Last game login at
2013-02-03 21:16 UTC
Laighin

Next

Return to House of Burgesses