Messeges

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Messeges

Postby Heffernan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:57 am

Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:06 am

That feel when someone is giving actual good ideas and advice for the game and the people who can't stand to lose some pixels are losing their minds saying he is crazy.

>feels bad
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Borendoun » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:04 am

Those who truely wish to keep their hard-earned pixels in the midst of raid balances who are actual intellects/veterans and not just long-time players who still aren't good at the game because nothing has pushed them to improve will still stand tall against raiders pushing against them.

Your vision of raiders winning everything and destroying everything that exists of the current playerbase if things were changed to the olden days is but a lie you tell yourself.

If you are wondering whether to talk down to me or not, just know that I am for raid balances but listening to all this moaning hurts my ears.
Borendoun

Postby Judaism » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:56 am

Borendoun wrote:Your vision of raiders winning everything and destroying everything that exists of the current playerbase if things were changed to the olden days is but a lie you tell yourself.

I don't see any players fending off a proper raid team with proper mechanics at this point. The only ones in the expeditions which gave us a hard time were the ex-tribe members such as Khaz and Brona. Expedition mechanics were still much harder than old raid mechanics, where you didn't even had TBF's nor walls beyond plank. So you'd be in any base within a few hours.

This was an actual good defend from a good raid team:

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3934&hilit=siege

You would do 4-5% per tick on those walls with a mediocre raider and there were only two defenders. Despite this they managed to defend for many days, heavily outnumbers and no **** mechanics such as mortars, extra walls, baby braziers, tbf's, capped damage and so forth. I woke up many times with my characters dead and my base completely raided, despite doing a proper check prior bed-time. No warnings, no nothing just gotta set alarms for your base every night if you wanna be safe and a hermit. If you have team-mates, call them out of bed. You have work/school next day, damn son you gotta sign in sick.

Also if you think that was easy:
darnokpl wrote:When over five months ago I was saying walls and braziers are far too weak, some people laughed at me and said I got bad base setup, but not so long ago we had update with 10x buff to walls and 4x buff to braziers. I guess that means my worries were true back then?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Judaism wrote:Pretty sure I won the argument tho, there simply is no comeback for the few carebears like Taipon.

Judaism wrote:
Ronch wrote:Judaism = Retardism

Yeah I am a bit mad and unchained but point still valid. As far intelligence goes, I surely outwit an idiot like yourself.

Juda unchained.... rather juda unbrained!

Juda, you got no clue at all of how games like this work in relation to why you need both carebears and pvp players to make it work, and how they interact.

What you want is a horribly simplified, hardcode-pvp-only game, you'd be better off playing lol or some battle royal or some other trash game than trying to impose your incredibly failed view of salem unto others,
because that attempt is a fail in itself, and won't get you anywhere to start with because no one cares.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Taipion wrote:What you want is a horribly simplified, hardcode-pvp-only game, you'd be better off playing lol or some battle royal or some other trash game than trying to impose your incredibly failed view of salem unto others,
because that attempt is a fail in itself, and won't get you anywhere to start with because no one cares.

Who said that I wanted a horribly simplified hardcore pvp only game. In nearly all my posts over the years I have stated that I wanted the game to be balanced, with proper counter mechanics. As far the battle royal genre, thats exactly what I have been doing BDO has a battle royale mode alongside Fortnite. Pretty much the most succesful games in its genres for many years now.

Taipion wrote:Juda, you got no clue at all of how games like this work in relation to why you need both carebears and pvp players to make it work, and how they interact.

The beauty of this game is truly that it never was supposed to make it work that way. The sandbox needed to make it work, like it did back on Boston. Not set out by game-rules or hard limits and capped stuff.
The developers never needed the money as their incentive, so explain me why exactly this game needs both to make it work and for interaction. Right now trading and the stalls are dead, the majority of the population is a hermit and self-sufficient and the pvp-players are non existent. Raids are only on inactive/abandoned bases. Everyone hoards their stuff, so that they can get more and more and feel good about a few pixels.

Time after time you do not back up your posts with anything, you bring up false claims and come up with a few meaningless personal insults. You're not a type of person you can possibly debate or argue with it seems.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:58 am

Judaism wrote:so explain me why exactly this game needs both

This does not need any more explanation, this sentence of yours already sufficiently shows what you're lacking.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Goodman12 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Taipion wrote:

This does not need any more explanation, this sentence of yours already sufficiently shows what you're lacking.

This sentence of yours represents your inability to make a proper argument.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Goodman12 wrote:
Taipion wrote:

This sentence of yours represents your inability to make a proper argument.

I can make a proper argument, I did already many times, but on juda all that is wasted, so why should I?
Well, just for you, I'll give a short answer to this:
Any "open pvp mmo" needs all sorts of players, whereas carebears usually make up the backbone of a player driven industry as the pvp players usually spend more time with other things, and fill many more vital roles, like being both easy targets for "pvp players" and a vital resource for them, like offering "rent" for being protected.

If you forcefully remove these from the equation, which does not make any sense to start with, you can just as well remove all grind and pve related elements as well,
like juda frequently demands that you can easily break in and loot/kill into any base no matter how well defended,
which would make both the defensive effort and any grind related to that "loot" or killed chars irrelevant.
That is one of the many reasons why no one takes anything juda says seriously, and why his pointless sullen crying will have no effect on this game, even if there would be active development.
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Taipion wrote:Any "open pvp mmo" needs all sorts of players, whereas carebears usually make up the backbone of a player driven industry as the pvp players usually spend more time with other things, and fill many more vital roles, like being both easy targets for "pvp players" and a vital resource for them, like offering "rent" for being protected.

None of that is occuring nowadays anyway, nor has been since Providence. Bear in mind, the raid mechanics have been nerfed multiple times within that time-frame.

Taipion wrote:If you forcefully remove these from the equation, which does not make any sense to start with, you can just as well remove all grind and pve related elements as well,
like juda frequently demands that you can easily break in and loot/kill into any base no matter how well defended,
which would make both the defensive effort and any grind related to that "loot" or killed chars irrelevant.
That is one of the many reasons why no one takes anything juda says seriously, and why his pointless sullen crying will have no effect on this game, even if there would be active development.

Once again you make up complete lies, my definition of how I'd like to see it, is not easy. Capable defenders were able to defend against stronger raiders with much easier raid mechanics. As of right now, in my perspective we are simply put super far away from a balanced game tho. So yes, if you think current mechanics are anywhere near healthy then I guess it is easy. But very few of the current playerbase have and understand the difficulty and flaws of the current system in detail. All bases, despite the effort invested should be vulnerable to some degree because an important aspect of this game should be that you're never safe.

The fact that I've had sessions with JC back in the days regarding raiding and skype-logs clearly is prove enough that I managed to have some sort of influence on the mechanics. Sadly it indeed was very limited and JC ultimately would mostly not listen, but I am not an unique case regarding that.
Other than that I think that many people agree (especially veterans) with the fact that the current game state is horrible and serious changes are due. Most of which of course involve the raiding/pvp aspects, as not everyone would agree with exact;y everything I state. The essence of it is pure and true.

Even according to your logic is that we need both, sadly at this point we haven't had both for many years. The game has opted for a safe Providence and focus on adding more skills, objects and mechanics for mainly carebears and basebuilders whilst removing other aspects of the game. That alongside the lack of interest from the developers on this game has led towards the lowest playercount this game has ever seen.

That lack of development most likely is due to the fact that most people have been pushed back by them and that is also the reason why many people have quit. Its of-course easy to lose your interest on a game when all the people you have played, talked and teamed with are gone. Although last year, when JC was super active with the expedition again he felt like a super motivated developer. Despite our disagreements, he was active all day and working on things. He even was playing during the expedition, probably against us.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses