Messeges

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Messeges

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Taipion wrote:
I can make a proper argument, I did already many times, but on juda all that is wasted, so why should I?
Well, just for you, I'll give a short answer to this:
Any "open pvp mmo" needs all sorts of players, whereas carebears usually make up the backbone of a player driven industry as the pvp players usually spend more time with other things, and fill many more vital roles, like being both easy targets for "pvp players" and a vital resource for them, like offering "rent" for being protected.

That doesn't happen in this game. If you played this game seriously in a competitive way you would know this.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:18 pm

Oh, look, "winning" an argument by applying a generalised answer to a specific situation. :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Taipion wrote:Oh, look, "winning" an argument by applying a generalised answer to a specific situation. :lol:

Ask any raider in this game and they are going to tell you that the risk of getting materials outside of your town is high enough that the peace of mind of creating everything in house is more worth their time.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ZtyX » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 am

Judaism wrote:[
Other than that I think that many people agree (especially veterans) with the fact that the current game state is horrible and serious changes are due. Most of which of course involve the raiding/pvp aspects, as not everyone would agree with exact;y everything I state. The essence of it is pure and true.

Do you want to give some specifics?
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:07 pm

ZtyX wrote:
Judaism wrote:[
Other than that I think that many people agree (especially veterans) with the fact that the current game state is horrible and serious changes are due. Most of which of course involve the raiding/pvp aspects, as not everyone would agree with exact;y everything I state. The essence of it is pure and true.

Do you want to give some specifics?

defense have become so silly, you can go afk with a payd town and come back after months and its still untouched because raiding a big town is impossible even when its afk but more so when its defended
Heffernan

Postby Ronch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Heff, I've found very huge towns that Juda and his bunch raided over a year ago, why is that so if raiding big towns are impossible ?

My Town is not big, but with time, I could raid my well defended town with just two of any vet's characters.

If I were to become ugly enough (and determined), I know I could give a damn good attempt with myown characters at killing a coven of 5 or more afk-witches camping in a decently defended small town.

It just still looks and sound like folks are not willing to risk what it might cost if their offensive attempts are unsuccessful.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Ronch wrote:Heff, I've found very huge towns that Juda and his bunch raided over a year ago, why is that so if raiding big towns are impossible ?

My Town is not big, but with time, I could raid my well defended town with just two of any vet's characters.

If I were to become ugly enough (and determined), I know I could give a damn good attempt with myown characters at killing a coven of 5 or more witches camping in a decently defended small town.

It just still looks and sound like folks are not willing to risk what it might cost if their offensive attempts are unsuccessful.

bring 20 characters with 1k/1k/1k/1k to my base and i go afk a month ill assure you you will still not get in + lose all to KO.. thats because raiding big towns is impossible + ur ronch
Heffernan

Postby Ronch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Okay Hoofnmouth, lend me not 20 but just five 1k chars and then stay away for a month.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Ronch wrote:Okay Hoofnmouth, lend me not 20 but just five 1k chars and then stay away for a month.

KKK tried with 5+ people years ago when i got banned and nothing happened and that was when i didnt have a single steel wall, now i have 4 layers...
Heffernan

Postby Goodman12 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Heffernan wrote:
KKK tried with 5+ people years ago when I got banned and nothing happened and that was when I didn't have a single steel wall, now I have 4 layers...

Although you were "gone" for a month, your base was far from undefended. Member/s of your town (who fled with their main/s btw :lol:) had alts that could've been used to defend your base from the inside with the use of OP defensive structures like the Long Range Mortar. Darwoth also seized the opportunity to collect evidence and TBC'd the characters that did start bashing. Those factors, coupled in with 1/2 of the team being unwilling to bear the risk that would come with the task or invest the time needed to accomplish the goal. Not to mention, you evaded your ban the very first day and iirc you expressed concern for the fate of your base while pretending to be some random newb
Heffernan wrote:bring 20 characters with 1k/1k/1k/1k to my base and I go AFK a month ill assure you you will still not get in + lose all to KO.. that's because raiding big towns is impossible + ur ronch

Give me 2 or 3 dedicated teammates and notice that you're going away for at least 3 days and I'll have Vatican flattened by the time of your return with 0 casualties.
Ronch wrote:Heff, I've found very huge towns that Juda and his bunch raided over a year ago, why is that so if raiding big towns are impossible?

All bases can be raided, its really just a matter of how long it'll take.
Ronch wrote:It just still looks and sound like folks are not willing to risk what it might cost if their offensive attempts are unsuccessful.

Lack of competitive pvp'ers
Lack of motivation due to low population (As a competitive player my motivation for raiding comes from the satisfaction of humiliating my enemies, robbing them of their time and hard work, bragging rights, asserting dominance etc, due to the small population all of that seems pointless but perhaps that has more to do with the type of players that are left rather than the actual number)
Gigantic time sink
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses