Patch 2.2.8 - Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Patch 2.2.8 - Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:55 am

Yuletide Greetings, Pilgrims. I was feeling a bit scroogish with what I implemented for Christmas this year so I decided to add some more stuff and throw in some fixes, one of which will likely tickle the fancy of all.
Without further ado:

I have some small adjustments and a few new things to present to you.

Marp Giveth

- Soulcakes have been adjusted to suit the ingredients and patience of the modern consumer.
- Players can now craft Furfur Trophies. These can be sold on the stalls.
- Players can now craft a new wallpaper: On the Vine
- Added three new festive items to be found by lucky players come Christmas morning (assuming they hang their stockings and have been nice, of course).
- Coldsnaps (should) no longer cause hypothermia. Merry Christmas. (Snow tiles on the tops of mountains still do though so bundle up when traveling that way!)

Marp Taketh Away

- Players can no longer salvage bee skeps.

Bug Fixes:

- Egg baskets now take all sorts of eggs.
- Pink Eastereggs now drop all varieties of candy.
- Bats in mines shouldn't spawn on the player but rather from the tile that was mined.
- Fixed spirit hide capes so they don't make the server crash.

What's Next?:

- Delicious Beverages
- PVP Engagements
- Salvage
- Inheritance
- Horses

Please consider lending your support to the patch with the purchase of your very own Frost Top Hat. Taken from ol' Jack himself, may it be a reminder of all those times Coldsnaps left you shivering in your boots.
And, if you haven't done so, please consider following Salem on our new Instagram Account

I hope each and every one of you have a pleasant holiday season and a happy new year. Merry Christmas to one and all!
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Patch 2.2.8 - Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Postby Heffernan » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:15 am

info: according to Discord the patch has been cancelled for tonight due to some unknown to us Error.
Heffernan

Re: Patch 2.2.8 - Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Postby gorniksam » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:58 pm

Heffernan wrote:info: according to Discord the patch has been cancelled for tonight due to some unknown to us Error.

thanks for info mod
gorniksam

Return to Announcements