Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby elidmw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 am

The first cotton nerf was sad, the coming one sounds even sadder - Marp surely hates beavers as they become main income for lowbies!
User avatar
elidmw
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 am

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby Nikixos » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:01 pm

Glad Salem got updated !
Image Image
User avatar
Nikixos
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Mexico

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby Taipion » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:26 pm

elidmw wrote:The first cotton nerf was sad, the coming one sounds even sadder - Marp surely hates beavers as they become main income for lowbies!


err, beavers won't do as an income source, as you
- need to also collect salt to make the lard into silver, which is tedious
- sinews have near no value right now as glass is off the (npc) shelves
- they don't really offer anything else

Cotton nerf is btw a bit sadder than it looks like, as what is not mentioned there, is that weaving set efficiency got hit, too, and you get 20% less from weaving, so it's 20% this and 20% prices makes 36% nerf so far,
but yea, I heard there is more to come.

If you want silver, just make glass, prices are somewhere in the range of 700s to 1200s per pane or so I heard...



Regardless, ... nice patch! :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby Stoner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:35 pm

Good to see not everyone has given up on Salem.
User avatar
Stoner
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: North DaCananda

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby elidmw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:05 pm

Taipion wrote:
elidmw wrote:The first cotton nerf was sad, the coming one sounds even sadder - Marp surely hates beavers as they become main income for lowbies!

If you want silver, just make glass, prices are somewhere in the range of 700s to 1200s per pane or so I heard...


Since the game is also about fun, glassmaking isn't as good. Cotton takes more waiting than chores, beavers can be fun since you explore, and mining for rubble is just sitting in a dark room for hours... There might be bots, but that is not exactly what playing means :(
User avatar
elidmw
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 am

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:02 pm

Good job, sir. Very glad to see this.
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:33 am

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby NordErdTod » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:24 pm

It's been 6 years since I played... Is it time to return?.. FINALLY!

We, however, absolutely need a new server!
User avatar
NordErdTod
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:52 pm
Location: Ukraine

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby Taipion » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:17 am

NordErdTod wrote:It's been 6 years since I played... Is it time to return?.. FINALLY!

We, however, absolutely need a new server!


Image
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Return and Reformation

Postby Ronch » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:53 pm

elidmw wrote:
Taipion wrote:
elidmw wrote:The first cotton nerf was sad, the coming one sounds even sadder - Marp surely hates beavers as they become main income for lowbies!

If you want silver, just make glass, prices are somewhere in the range of 700s to 1200s per pane or so I heard...


Since the game is also about fun, glassmaking isn't as good. Cotton takes more waiting than chores, beavers can be fun since you explore, and mining for rubble is just sitting in a dark room for hours... There might be bots, but that is not exactly what playing means :(

I pay just under 500 silver per day to maintain my main base.
...If I humble myself to go out on stump and log gathering runs, I can (and do) in just 'one' of those stump-runs sell the items gathered to NPC-stalls for enough silver to maintain my taxes for an entire week, much more depending on how long I gather.
Without any cotton or leather/hide sales at all.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Previous

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests