Salem 2018 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem 2018 Roadmap

Postby Champie » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:42 pm

tyrtix wrote:lol, i remember some years ago having an argument with the "actual" dev who basically dumped me from forum when i said something like the game would not last more than 6 month... guess what happened.

Sad, salem was quite fun.

I enjoyed revisiting your Dried Fish argument with John "Ghost" Carver
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16712
Dried Fishes
Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:34 am

The funniest part was that after all that discussion, JC made the following change.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17119&p=249008&hilit=shellfish#p249008
Salem V1.2 Exploring the Bowels
Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Mini Game has been removed.
Players may now fish from a longer distance.
Each fish caught now has a different weight depending on how long he has lived.
The weight of a fish determines the amount of value given when you compost it or feed it to turkeys etc.
The weight of the fish now determines how many fish fillets you get.
The weight of the fish now determines the gluttony values given when dried.
Fish Trap has been renamed to Shellfish Trap and now only catches shellfish.
The amount of shellfish collected in a Shellfish Trap has been increased.
Champie

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Champie wrote:The funniest part was that after all that discussion, JC made the following change.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17119&p=249008&hilit=shellfish#p249008

lol which made Dried Fish even worse because they are now bugged and reset to base value if you take them off the Drying Rack...
pistolshrimp

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:43 am

tyrtix wrote:lol, i remember some years ago having an argument with the "actual" dev who basically dumped me from forum when i said something like the game would not last more than 6 month... guess what happened.

Its still going so you look fairly foolish.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nektaris » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:51 am

Dallane wrote:

You must be living in a different reality
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby Dallane » Mon May 10, 2021 1:21 am

Nektaris wrote:
Dallane wrote:

You must be living in a different reality

Weird. People are logging in and playing still.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Archibald » Sun May 30, 2021 12:14 pm

Dallane wrote:

Can any game die by your standards?

There is always someone playing a game as long as it is possible

Salem is abandoned by both its owner and players in all sense of this word. We are still able to talk and play just because server and domain were paid for few years ahead but one day it will just suddenly disappear.
Some people, like me, are still checking forum every few months to see if anything changed but to be honest there's no chance for that. JC has proven enough that he has no interest in running this game any more, damage is already done, most people has moved on. Maybe if there was some will to cultivate community, maybe have one server reseting every year or so to keep the interest and spirit of rivalry (and get some small funds from your shop) things would be different despite the lack of updates. Its just really sad and, frankly, odd, to just drop this game and its players, a lot could have been done even if JC himself couldn't or didn't want to be involved, even you yourself as a moderator are a proof that there are people willing to help as volunteers. Damage is done, with no hope to ever recover. One day servers will be down and will stay so permanently and that will be the final nail in the coffin of Salem
Archibald

Postby Taipion » Sun May 30, 2021 2:46 pm

Archibald wrote:
Dallane wrote:

Can any game die by your standards?

There is always someone playing a game as long as it is possible

Salem is abandoned by both its owner and players in all sense of this word. We are still able to talk and play just because server and domain were paid for few years ahead but one day it will just suddenly disappear.
Some people, like me, are still checking forum every few months to see if anything changed but to be honest there's no chance for that. JC has proven enough that he has no interest in running this game any more, damage is already done, most people has moved on. Maybe if there was some will to cultivate community, maybe have one server reseting every year or so to keep the interest and spirit of rivalry (and get some small funds from your shop) things would be different despite the lack of updates. Its just really sad and, frankly, odd, to just drop this game and its players, a lot could have been done even if JC himself couldn't or didn't want to be involved, even you yourself as a moderator are a proof that there are people willing to help as volunteers. Damage is done, with no hope to ever recover. One day servers will be down and will stay so permanently and that will be the final nail in the coffin of Salem

Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong.
(at least as far as I cared to read... [edit: no, actually everything])

But honestly, if you you "check in" once every few month to look at the forums, you won't know anything.

Discord is where things happen, it's a very lively place.

Player numbers are stable since years, somewhat rising recently.

Marp has stated that he is working on resuming active development, yes, seriously.

There has been a bugfix patch 1 or 2 weeks ago to fix a serious exploit that has been there for a while but was mostly unknown and only recently has come up again.

Client development never stopped, there's so much new and good stuff with that you'd be busy for quite a while if you'd care enough to even read the features list,
last update 10 days ago brought serious features, fixes and a release of an actually working and really powerful distiller plugin.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Brego » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:14 pm

Update when? :x
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby Dallane » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:41 pm

Brego wrote:Update when? :x

Read discord

Dallane

Previous

Return to Announcements