Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Nsuidara wrote:I hope, someday JC will give mechanic for travel Characeter from Prov to Expediton and other way...

ofc. with restrictions - about cost, or not transport something in inventory inlegal :D or big cost :P

WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:I hope, someday JC will give mechanic for travel Characeter from Prov to Expediton and other way...

ofc. with restrictions - about cost, or not transport something in inventory inlegal :D or big cost :P

yeah will be fun when the new server starts, all gonna be 5bile and kuku comes with her 5k bile char...

because i talking about "restrictions"
and you just can come 5k biles char too >_> or Man D

and about
JohnCarver wrote:Greetings Salemites,
What are you doing to make sure the PvE Players will want to play, and how will you ensure the "Ark" doesn't happen again?
First of all, the Ark was awesome and everybody who didn't finish it should feel dirty and ashamed. But moving on, Salem far too often is a game of mini-milestones. I feel that when a global goal is trying to be achieved the contributions of the few can be psychologically overbearing. As such, PvE Players will still have a 'win-condition' that sends the content home to the masses but I have made it a bit more involving and less 'grindy'. Grapes on the Expedition will be very dependent on which soil they can grow in. For Providence the concept of Soil Rejection will not be ported. Basically the closer to the starter city/light/west the better your grapes will grow. The further east the harder to grow your grapes. However, the Pilgrims of Providence have contracted a Trading Company to set sail to the shores each Cold Snap to gather up litres of wine! Once 10 Shipments of wine are delivered the carebears win and grapes come home to Providence. Progress on # of shipments will hopefully be under server status here: http://login.salemthegame.com/portal/state.

I agree, Ark wasn't bad mechanic if here play many players not fews same town...
example this idea isnt good for salem ?
example the sleigh santa - with me + few players come and build otehr invest more other spent time for plugs etc...
but somebody come with 10 ? 30 ? 40 biles character and take out 400 plugs and drop near sign... can't pick up - really funny mechanic... when many player try invest time and have fun.. somebody creepy like kuku etc. destroy it.

like prov + trade animals... players jealousy for animals and kill....
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:17 am

General Update.

Making attempts to 'seed' fruit trees in the latest expedition. As such there should be able 300 fruit trees 'live' on the expedition when it launches. Players would be wise to take note of them when exploring.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:28 am

Thanks, i remember fruits were totally forgotten by most playerbase on popham since there were only a few of them
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 am

so since the popham did fit with the Ark and animals what do we build for the Wine update? a ship in a bottle? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heffernan

Postby Kindred » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 am

Carver can we get a better eta for launch? Should I be buying red bull for tonight or is this a right before new year sort of thing? Any help would be appreciated
Kindred

Postby kitty629 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:33 am

I believe he said something about 96 hours.
kitty629
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:40 am

Kindred wrote:Carver can we get a better eta for launch? Should I be buying red bull for tonight or is this a right before new year sort of thing? Any help would be appreciated

I put a countdown timer on the front page which is in no way accurate but can be used as a 'good intentions' timer.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:15 am

LOVELY!
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:05 am

Seems like someone doesn't get the point of expeditions ^_^
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements