Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Postby TomCat86 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:10 am

Dallane wrote:lol children still complaining about simple mechanics my dog could figure out using his anus.

Moderators partaking in the trolly behaviors of the asinine. At this point, I feel this game is worthless and warrants no further effort from myself. You have lost a potential investor/customer. I hope the creators of this game clean up this childish mess or their game will eventually cease to exist due to lack of funding. There is no reason to stoop to a childish level and partake in this unwarranted and immature mindset. But as they say, birds of a feather, flock together. Your game attracts this mindset by its very design. Hire some professionalism please and you will have a bigger check book because of it. Good day.
TomCat86

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:18 am

TomCat86 wrote:
Dallane wrote:lol children still complaining about simple mechanics my dog could figure out using his anus.

Moderators partaking in the trolly behaviors of the asinine. At this point, I feel this game is worthless and warrants no further effort from myself. You have lost a potential investor/customer. I hope the creators of this game clean up this childish mess or their game will eventually cease to exist due to lack of funding. There is no reason to stoop to a childish level and partake in this unwarranted and immature mindset. But as they say, birds of a feather, flock together. Your game attracts this mindset by its very design. Hire some professionalism please and you will have a bigger check book because of it. Good day.

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Paradoxyc » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:21 am

Dude, how can you blame the devs for trolls LOL

I just played Rust (highly rated game) for the first time some few days ago
My first experience:

Two random naked guys run up to me and one says "Ay let me suck yo *****" and then they kill me.

Funny? ***** yes

Devs fault? No
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Okay..... Not too helpful but I'll suggest a new help popup or something.

Why don't apply the simplest solution:
Right click on the fire/fireplace allows players to "use" fire. Let a person using fire to warm himself as long as he uses the fire. He will freeze again in next few minutes but that gives enough time to learn all other things.
Then add only one popup about using fire, building fireplaces and using flaming pinecones.
Chrumps

Postby matan002 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:39 am

Chrumps wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Okay..... Not too helpful but I'll suggest a new help popup or something.

Why don't apply the simplest solution:
Right click on the fire/fireplace allows players to "use" fire. Let a person using fire to warm himself as long as he uses the fire. He will freeze again in next few minutes but that gives enough time to learn all other things.
Then add only one popup about using fire, building fireplaces and using flaming pinecones.

Maybe an icon in the adventure section that says Use fire. Then when you've clicked it you click on a fire to warm your hands on it
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby insiqmeyer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:34 am

how about making the lit torch have like 40 thermal when equipped?
insiqmeyer

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:05 am

insiqmeyer wrote:how about making the lit torch have like 40 thermal when equipped?

only if there is a 30% chance to catch your characters clothes on fire and permakill it
Darwoth

Postby saltmummy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:33 am

Paradoxyc wrote:Dude, how can you blame the devs for trolls LOL

I just played Rust (highly rated game) for the first time some few days ago
My first experience:

Two random naked guys run up to me and one says "Ay let me suck yo *****" and then they kill me.

Funny? ***** yes

Devs fault? No

That is the best first impression story I've ever heard from someone on the subject of Rust.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:55 am

It's just not possible for a dev to think like a newbie. It's like trying to forget how to read.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Chrumps » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:19 am

In this particular case it was not about thinking like a newbie but rather about checking what actions and crafts are available for a fresh char. Basic testing, any clerk could do it.
Chrumps

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements