Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered *Salem V.1.0.2*

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered *Salem V.1.0.2*

Postby Atreties » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:25 am

MarpTarpton wrote:
Atreties wrote:Pigs aren't teleporting?

I just confirmed that pigs are teleporting. However, if you don't rope your pig, it will not follow you. Also if that rope isn't in your hand, how can you possibly hold on to it?

Done in left hand, done in right hand, done in every possible combination with 4 different people. The leash breaks. the pig is following me home now. We know the mechanic. the mechanic is bugged. Just because it worked for you does not mean that it always works.
JohnCarver wrote:Wouldn't inserting food into the anus just cause some kind of infection?
Atreties

Postby Tulgarath » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:40 am

Atreties wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:
Atreties wrote:Pigs aren't teleporting?

I just confirmed that pigs are teleporting. However, if you don't rope your pig, it will not follow you. Also if that rope isn't in your hand, how can you possibly hold on to it?

Done in left hand, done in right hand, done in every possible combination with 4 different people. The leash breaks. the pig is following me home now. We know the mechanic. the mechanic is bugged. Just because it worked for you does not mean that it always works.

Perhaps you share your mechanic to help others that have the same issue as you did??
Tulgarath

Postby Atreties » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:52 am

Tulgarath wrote:Perhaps you share your mechanic to help others that have the same issue as you did??

I walked the entire way back to the base with the pig...
JohnCarver wrote:Wouldn't inserting food into the anus just cause some kind of infection?
Atreties

Postby rustles » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:12 am

While it is great that we get animals, it a real shame you can't tame them in the wild. It seems this game is becoming a chore to grind money to purchase things you'd expect to produce on your own in such a game. I really hope that this is just to give us animals faster and we will have the option to tame them some time in the future.

I hope that animals don't have to be kept in a specific building either.

Don't wanna sound whiny but buying animals just doesn't have the same satisfaction as going out on hunt, looking for biome specific animals and then taming them like in H&H.
rustles

Postby NeiroShop » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:16 am

rustles wrote:While it is great that we get animals, it a real shame you can't tame them in the wild. It seems this game is becoming a chore to grind money to purchase things you'd expect to produce on your own in such a game. I really hope that this is just to give us animals faster and we will have the option to tame them some time in the future.

I hope that animals don't have to be kept in a specific building either.

Don't wanna sound whiny but buying animals just doesn't have the same satisfaction as going out on hunt, looking for biome specific animals and then taming them like in H&H.

I dont think pigs & cows etc should be tamed like that. However if you could later on tame something like a Buffalo in the wild thatd be awesome.

Buying the normal livestock from something shipped of the boat seems fair. After a while you can raid other peoples bases for the animals anyhow.
NeiroShop

Postby TheVacant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:42 pm

do i need a barn for pigs? or can i just build a penced area for them?
TheVacant

Postby RainbowMoostache » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:43 pm

TheVacant wrote:do i need a barn for pigs? or can i just build a penced area for them?

You can do either of them. Though they have more chances to die during Coldsnap if they're not herded inside a barn.
RainbowMoostache

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:13 pm

For those who have not realized, the pigs right now appear to have very 'specific' times and ways that they will port with you. It is highly advised that players walk their animals back to their base until the solution is patched.

ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby monkeybee » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:39 pm

JohnCarver wrote:For those who have not realized, the pigs right now appear to have very 'specific' times and ways that they will port with you. It is highly advised that players walk their animals back to their base until the solution is patched.

so like minecraft with its dogs and cats ? and bunnys befor they removed taming form them
monkeybee

Postby Tulgarath » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Walking thru mountains and rivers with something in tow. ..awesome.

Is it the intention to have us robed on the way home? Why not make them like a shop item? Not saying sell them. .just the same properties ? A carried item until set out? Or should we just sit outside of town and pick people off? Ya ya. .Hardcore server, but since leashing was intended so was travel with them. .at least once. At least until leashing can be fixed?
Tulgarath

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements