Writing Right Now

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Writing Right Now

Postby Nikixos » Mon May 18, 2015 7:20 am

Darwoth wrote:awesome patch, and i fully expect all of you to buy my books and keep my words of wisdom in your libraries.

So you can steal them back? :lol:
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 18, 2015 7:29 am

go stand in the corner with a stack of my books on your head, i would probably raid people and leave nothing else BUT my books!

in fact, mayhaps anyone that has the full collection of darwothian volumes would be afforded some level of leniency in the event i hit their town.
Darwoth

Postby Nikixos » Mon May 18, 2015 7:36 am

Darwoth wrote:go stand in the corner with a stack of my books on your head, i would probably raid people and leave nothing else BUT my books!

in fact, mayhaps anyone that has the full collection of darwothian volumes would be afforded some level of leniency in the event i hit their town.

i'll buy them twice then :lol:
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Silent_Bob » Mon May 18, 2015 7:58 am

Burn all the books save for Darwoth's. It's the only way to guarantee your safety ¦]! I love this patch to death, and the only thing missing is a bonfire in Providence so we can have the grand old tradition of book burning :twisted: .
Silent_Bob

Postby Claeyt » Mon May 18, 2015 8:50 am

Are we going to be getting Bookcases then?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Lallaith » Mon May 18, 2015 9:02 am

we already have them -_-
Lallaith

Postby Lusewing » Mon May 18, 2015 9:38 am

I love this so much!!!
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby ShadowTani » Mon May 18, 2015 10:07 am

JohnCarver wrote:*Trip hammer has been moved from Metalsmith to Mechanics.

Skill descriptions do not reflect this change though. ^^;

EDIT: Awesome patch though, finally I can put scores of victimes to my grammar nazi sword! Authors will cry as they shovel dozens of revisions into the market, huhu! :lol: Or not. Might write a couple of factual books myself.

... Which actually is a good idea I think, adding a revision system. Also, the possibility to use pen names please, not everyone want their authored titles to be known under their actual in-game name.
Last edited by ShadowTani on Mon May 18, 2015 10:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
ShadowTani

Postby Yes » Mon May 18, 2015 10:12 am

ShadowTani wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:*Trip hammer has been moved from Metalsmith to Mechanics.

Skill descriptions do not reflect this change though. ^^;

Technically the descriptions are correct, because Mechanics doesn't say its limited to the Stamp Mill and metalsmithing doesn't say that you need it to build a trip hammer.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby ShadowTani » Mon May 18, 2015 10:34 am

Yes wrote:Technically the descriptions are correct, because Mechanics doesn't say its limited to the Stamp Mill and metalsmithing doesn't say that you need it to build a trip hammer.

What? Have you even read them?
Mechanics wrote:Mechanics allows you to construct a Stamp Mill usable for easing the task of crushing blocks of ore before smelting.

Metalsmithing wrote:With the right level of skill and assistance, you can use a Trip Hammer to forge wrought iron from a crude bloom.

I agree Mechanics isn't a big issue, but if it's being planned to include more mechanical devices than only the Stamp Mill it would be more appropriate to generalize the description accordingly.

As for Metalsmithing it is utterly wrong to mention the Trip Hammer at all if it doesn't even contribute to unlocking it anymore.
ShadowTani

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements