Nubs are in Season

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Nubs are in Season

Postby pistolshrimp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Necrobane wrote:i find Dallane quite funny :lol:

Depends on my mood, but I do agree if you feed him he only grows stronger.
pistolshrimp

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Zennoya wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Zennoya wrote:Everytime I write something on forum, or try to read some polite people like Otis, this retard comes in with his stupid comments on everything. It just looks like he doesnt expects anything else that huge flame war that he is provoking with 90% of his posts, so I gave it to him today. If he dont know how to be polite, then I've started speaking his language - from other topics its quite clear, that its only thing that he understand. He clearly shows his disrespect to any new player, and potential buyer of store stuff, treating everyone like idiots. Maybe You should change a mod to someone who is less abusive to people, or at least buy him a leash.

You know it just fuels me right? Giving me a response is a sure way to lose.

That only shows how dumb You are, and that You should rather be banned from forum instead of granding mod status.

You see now you go and look even more retarded then ever. Me acting like this is proof that the gods favor my actions.

additionally

If you have a issue with moderation then speak to Meow or JC
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Zennoya » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:27 pm

trungdle wrote:
Guy calling me dumb

That 200s is more likely the price you pay for skipping clicks and construct meaningless things, not speeding things up. Afaik, they don't want you to create chars in seconds. If you're gonna play that char anyway the time you use to collect stuff will be irrelevant.
My point is as a veteran you need no help to get what you want.
Further more, I'm not being rude to u y u mad to me? ¦]

Sorry mate, my mistake - I thought Youre more Dellanish :P I will be offending You no more.

pistolshrimp wrote:Depends on my mood, but I do agree if you feed him he only grows stronger.

Stronger in what ? Being retarded ?

Dallane wrote:Me acting like this is proof that the gods favor my actions.

Nah, its only proof that Your ***** is so small that even god is sorry for You, and want to compensate it to You somehow.

Dallane wrote:additionally

If you have a issue with moderation then speak to Meow or JC

Wait, wait, wait... Haven't You quoted my issues about Your moderation from my answer to TMeow? DUH
I am a drama queen. I make drama. When I do, I write in this color.
Zennoya

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:30 pm

You guys are mean can't you see Zenoya has a point, he is very smart with what he is saying, and i completely agree with him 100%.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Inotdead » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:32 pm

I weep and lament, for Tumblr plague is getting worse with each passing day.
These are dark days indeed
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Inotdead wrote:I weep and lament, for Tumblr plague is getting worse with each passing day.

#Iagree #Salemgate #Expeditions2015
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Inotdead » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:43 pm

Rubberduckbandit wrote:
Inotdead wrote:I weep and lament, for Tumblr plague is getting worse with each passing day.

#Iagree #Salemgate #Expeditions2015

You giggle now, but next thing you know there are people screaming on top of their lungs getting offended at the shape of your hashtag.
This is no laughing matter, we should mourn such tragic fate, for alas the end is nigh.
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby ShadowTani » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:26 pm

Zennoya wrote:if someone pays that cash to dont waste time on tutorial, he quite expects that he wont be wasting that time on searching of salamanders/beetles, or just going into stall and buying dehydrated rose. Giving him one would make the "skip tutorial" option "full".

If Otis is right, that you can't chose to pick the tutorial if you have silver, then I'll give a +1 to fixing that. But the PP requirement for childish things is NOT really an issue.

You're arguing over a 15-30 min forage session right outside Providence ... I'm sorry; Dallane may be the definition of blunt, but that also means it's also usually some truth in what he have to say, and this time he was spot on. It's lazy.

Yes, it takes a bit longer than the tutorial, but if you can't put that time into a character then it's questionable why you even made it in the first place. Alt creation is undesired by the devs and until you get the sufficient infrastructure to speed level alts you honestly should be able to manage without them.
ShadowTani

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:04 pm

ShadowTani wrote:You're arguing over a 15-30 min forage session right outside Providence ... I'm sorry; Dallane may be the definition of blunt, but that also means it's also usually some truth in what he have to say, and this time he was spot on. It's lazy.

People also sell dehydrated roses on their stall for 6-15 silver. It's more then enough to get one of those. If you can afford 200s then there is no excuse to not buy a rose.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Chrumps » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:02 am

Many people wrote:[Lots of useless drama]

All that because I noted a minor bug which gives the game bad reception by a specific, not so big, group of newbies.
Consider following scenario:
1. A new player wants to play this game. He has some pocket money so we wants to have some silver for the start.
2. The new player buys silver in the cash shop
3. The new player creates his char.
4. The new player goes to the docks where he MUST skip the tutorial because there is no other choice. Bank account is checked BEFORE he can click Chief-Lend-A-Hand.
5. New player lands in the world of Salem with no possibility to learn anything until he somehow figures how to get those 300 Points, Help popups are not working in this case.
6. New player is stuck, bad game experience, game sucks, ragequit.

The problem can be fixed by allowing the player to choose if he wants to skip the tutorial or not. Also it is not a big deal to give those 300 PP points at the beginning. They can't be used reasonably for anything else than learning Childish Things.

I might agree with opinion that someone paying for a game before trying it is dumb enough not to play this game.

TotalyMeow wrote:1. We don't allow you to just skip the tutorial because it was far too easy to make herds of alts for trolling or whatever. Now, if you want to troll, you at least have to pay the silver.
2. In nearly all cases, people won't be accidentally skipping the tutorial by having silver in the bank without at least having gone through it once, so getting the PP when you do skip it isn't something we considered a problem. If you think this is something that needs changing, try being a bit more polite about it instead of instantly raging for nor reason at all.

1. You FORCE PEOPLE TO SKIP THE TUTORIAL if they have silver in the bank. That is useless because it can easily avoided by creating alt on a separate account, which gives other benefits too.
2. I was polite and duly ignored Dallane. Still, I feel concerned by this statement.

Zennoya wrote:I played tons of MMO's games, and in EVERY OTHER GAME, when I saw something like that and just commented it as previously (not the last post), there was 2 types of answers: 1. "Yes its a bug, we havent noticed it, thanks", or 2. "Yes we know, thats on purpose, because We want want to achieve (...) by doing this".

This!
All was needed was one post from dev team containing either answer 1 or 2 instead of 4 pages of useless drama. (Yes, I know, useless drama is what people love most).
Chrumps

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements