Stocking up on Tears

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Stocking up on Tears

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Argentis wrote:Sure but when we don't know what symptoms is associated with what disease we can't do ****.
Moreover the main symptoms of smallpox are blisters on your face, not puking and dizziness.

Better find a doctor in game who has investigated these thoroughly and can point you in the right direction.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Claeyt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Argentis wrote:I found one leech that I applied wihtout any results yet.

How did you get the leech?

For everyone not on vent, JC said that Disease is not Perma-Death but it will stay forever unless you cure it and it will get worse and worse. He sort of hinted that each of the 4 diseases will show different symptoms, each will show a different pattern of sounds and animation (coughing, puking) and a good doctor will be able to cure the disease by paying attention to the symptoms. If you want to, you can always just try all 4 of the cures to try and cure it I suppose.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby KruskDaMangled » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Small, Vicious Dogs and/or Cats when JC? We have rat problems, people historically kept such animals for rat problems.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Argentis » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 pm

I tried all four cures, the leech i found in the swamps, the willowbark tonic i made, the columbine paste and the smelling salt. No effect.
Argentis

Postby Nektaris » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Try drinking some tea.
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby Argentis » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:58 pm

I drank some tea. Just gave me a nice blood regen for 5 minutes or so.
Argentis

Postby Claeyt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Argentis wrote:I tried all four cures, the leech i found in the swamps, the willowbark tonic i made, the columbine paste and the smelling salt. No effect.

He also said that disease won't get worse if you're offline.

I think that you have to watch to see if the cure drains the disease bar. Maybe you have to use the leaches longer or something. Anyone cure their disease yet?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Tammer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Claeyt wrote:Anyone cure their disease yet?

I cured a disease - with smelling salts I think. It didn't actually cure until 30 seconds or so after I used them.

Leeches are foraged in swamps.
Tammer

Postby Scilly_guy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:04 pm

I found a teasel too, I got it when picking the new flowers, it was on grassland I think... might be wrong though.

Leeches are picked like most foragables, I was running around the swamp naked in case they equipped themselves like in HnH. You can right click and drain them, even when they are fresh, that is not a good idea if you were hoping to use them for blood letting.
Scilly_guy

Postby Nektaris » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:04 pm

I'm interested in those teasels, sell me some !
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements