Patch 2.2.0 Saleming Along

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.0 Saleming Along

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:40 pm

delirus wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:I would guess he's afraid the footprints will be hard on a player who would prefer to rely on hiding and luck instead of building defenses to survive. Plus, the fact that you can be tracked down while out and about. Or someone can see where you walk a lot and try to wait in ambush. It very-well might be harder on casual players if they don't want to spend time on combat and defense preparations due to limited play times.

-why even bother with defenses now? torchpost hit for 0.5 dmg and cant crit - you can tank them with a fresh 5 bile alt
-you cant hide in houses
-even more hard progession blocks ( dry boards for stone hedge gate)

Well, it's hardly that dire. Firstly, you can't tank a torchpost with a 5 humor alt. They're easy to build and you're going to have a few. Plus, drain happens just from someone being on your claim. Baby braziers are also reasonably easy to get.

You cant hide in houses because people were building small houses to cheat at killing large animals like darkenbears. You can still enter a mine, which any player's claim is going to have.

Dry boards are very easy to get. It does take a few days, but you can be building the walls in the meantime. And you're not going to have anything worth stealing if you don't even have dry boards and a stone wall yet.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:44 pm

TotalyMeow wrote: And you're not going to have anything worth stealing if you don't even have dry boards and a stone wall yet.

lol
Rifmaster

Postby honeymilk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Someone was even selling dry boards in a stall earlier today on concord.
Cheap enough to where all you have to do is forage for a few minutes and you're set.
honeymilk
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote: And you're not going to have anything worth stealing if you don't even have dry boards and a stone wall yet.

lol

Yes, I'm quite aware that people ignore their defenses and have things like store packs in open air leantos and chests full of iron and steel in mines surrounded by stick fences. But that's their conscious decision to risk it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby delirus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:47 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
delirus wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:I would guess he's afraid the footprints will be hard on a player who would prefer to rely on hiding and luck instead of building defenses to survive. Plus, the fact that you can be tracked down while out and about. Or someone can see where you walk a lot and try to wait in ambush. It very-well might be harder on casual players if they don't want to spend time on combat and defense preparations due to limited play times.

-why even bother with defenses now? torchpost hit for 0.5 dmg and cant crit - you can tank them with a fresh 5 bile alt
-you cant hide in houses
-even more hard progession blocks ( dry boards for stone hedge gate)

Well, it's hardly that dire. Firstly, you can't tank a torchpost with a 5 humor alt. They're easy to build and you're going to have a few. Plus, drain happens just from someone being on your claim. Baby braziers are also reasonably easy to get.

You cant hide in houses because people were building small houses to cheat at killing large animals like darkenbears. You can still enter a mine, which any player's claim is going to have.

Dry boards are very easy to get. It does take a few days, but you can be building the walls in the meantime. And you're not going to have anything worth stealing if you don't even have dry boards and a stone wall yet.

no words, have you even played the game?
delirus
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:48 pm

BUT BUT Where is "casual/semi-casual thinks" ? ... i can said... it's more hardcore then easy...

torchpost hit for 0.5 dmg and cant crit

0.5 dmg black its from pclaim not torchpost...

you cant hide in houses

and ?

even more hard progession blocks ( dry boards for stone hedge gate)

with this i agree... Plank Walls need dry boards and oil + planed ...
but now simple hedge gate need...
but for me sill fine
// btw then build other easy walls + gate for "keep safe" for time when you got dry boards :)

BUT WHERE "casual/semi-casual thinks" ?!
Last edited by Nsuidara on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:

lol

Yes, I'm quite aware that people ignore their defenses and have things like store packs in open air leantos and chests full of iron and steel in mines surrounded by stick fences. But that's their conscious decision to risk it.

Right, let me get right on not having anything worth stealing in the first FIVE days of an expedition. I can see you don't play much.
Rifmaster

Postby delirus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Nsuidara wrote:BUT BUT Where is "casual/semi-casual thinks" ? ... i can said... it's more hardcore then easy...

you didnt understand my point in the first place
delirus
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:54 pm

delirus wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:BUT BUT Where is "casual/semi-casual thinks" ? ... i can said... it's more hardcore then easy...

This isn't a forum where i need think who and what have in mind... (except Marp posting loool)

but it's more hardcore not more casual... so... nobody order you for play this game...
i not like RNG in this game and ? >_> we got more RNG :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:02 pm

delirus wrote:

Because what you said is nothing but lies.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements