Game Development: Zero Hour

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Zero Hour

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:55 am

jorb wrote:Ok, starting to get somewhere on Roanoke now.

How? Plymouth is only one availiable for me =\
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:05 am

APXEOLOG wrote:
jorb wrote:Ok, starting to get somewhere on Roanoke now.

How? Plymouth is only one availiable for me =\

I think he means on actually creating the town :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Eliodor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:25 am

Does it mean the original server will be slowly left to die?
Since no additional players will be allowed everyone will slowly (or quickly) kill each other off.
Eliodor

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 am

Eliodor wrote:Does it mean the original server will be slowly left to die?
Since no additional players will be allowed everyone will slowly (or quickly) kill each other off.

no when transfers open up we are coming to destroy everything then come back to our lairs
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Procne » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am

I think it would make sense. They can't endlessly start new servers, old ones will have to die at some point. Although I don't think you won't be able to make new chars at old server right now. I think Jorb meant that you won't be able to move old character to new server, and only neew chars will be able to play there.
Procne

Postby Eliodor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 am

Procne wrote:

I think it would make sense. They can't endlessly start new servers, old ones will have to die at some point. Although I don't think you won't be able to make new chars at old server right now. I think Jorb meant that you won't be able to move old character to new server, and only neew chars will be able to play there.

jorb wrote: Notice that you can only create new characters on these servers. There is currently no way of travelling between servers.

The last part was about moving. The first one is obviously about new characters only for new servers - thus no new characters can be created on old ones
Eliodor

Postby MrEllu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am

Oh, this is so nice : D I made a cape, I now happy.
MrEllu

Postby Procne » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 am

Eliodor wrote:
jorb wrote: Notice that you can only create new characters on these servers. There is currently no way of travelling between servers.

The last part was about moving. The first one is obviously about new characters only for new servers - thus no new characters can be created on old ones

The first part was about the fact that on new server you can only create new characters, not use old ones. The last part was the explanation for that.
You can't move characters -> on new servers you can only create new characters. But oh well, wait for Jorb to clear that up
Procne

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 am

Procne wrote:
Eliodor wrote:

The first part was about the fact that on new server you can only create new characters, not use old ones. The last part was the explanation for that.
You can't move characters -> on new servers you can only create new characters. But oh well, wait for Jorb to clear that up

or try making a new charcter lol

which u can on the old server so the new guy is a idiot.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Steve » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:54 am

Strange, just made a new character, picked Plymouth but the character turned up in Boston.
Steve

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements