SEPTEMBER Patch Warnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: SEPTEMBER Patch Warnings

Postby Xsardi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 am

colesie wrote:Please let me carry braziers so I can chase you with one overhead as it fires

Do you really think that there is no way to balance it? Remember how jorbtar allowed us to declaim our territory with 75% payback for 2 weeks after a patch. Why not to give us a chance to rebuild and redesign defences in at least 2-3 days before the patch? Forbid players to carry burned brazier, give it a 1-hour cooldown after replacing or give one-off chance to empty it, and make it unreplaceable after first filling. Even a person like me, without any creative mind, can come up with some ideas about it. But no, better stay with braziers which now can't even reach the outer side of wall. Hooray.
Xsardi

Postby Procne » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 am

lachlaan wrote:Mwahahahaha, this is a nice change for encouraging people to use their mains, or at least not half-assed alts for claim ownership.

Or to boost demand for phlegm gluttony foods :P
Procne

Postby RonPaulFTW » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Ok how about a nice warning today:

*Don't Bother spending too much time or hassle ripping stuff down prior to patch. AFTER patch the claimowner can destroy items without having to worry about soak values.

JohnCarver wrote:
You have Town Management that allows you to regulate if members can make and extend Pclaims on your V-claims. There should be little opportunity for general shennanigans with this. Again, only the owner of a claimstone may negate through the soak of things on his claim that he destroys.

I presume this extends such that the town mayor (and only the town mayor) can destroy stuff on the town claim without soak?
RonPaulFTW

Postby Trenial » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Less asshattery the better. 8-)
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby colesie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:33 pm

*Don't Bother spending too much time or hassle ripping stuff down prior to patch. AFTER patch the claimowner can destroy items without having to worry about soak values.

Darwoth literally just pissed his pants
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:46 pm

colesie wrote:

Darwoth literally just pissed his pants

my drawers are dry so i must be missing something.
Darwoth

Postby Icon » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Xsardi wrote:
colesie wrote:Please let me carry braziers so I can chase you with one overhead as it fires

:lol: :lol:

10/10 would pay to watch
Icon

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:01 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:
I presume this extends such that the town mayor (and only the town mayor) can destroy stuff on the town claim without soak?

I decided that if you have a town claim you are not the target demographic who needs the most help fixing your mistake of derping things in the wrong place. A town Mayor will only have the recourse to drop a pclaim under what he wants to remove. Otherwise manipulating the town permissions in this regard was either too dangerous, or too time costly from a development standpoint.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby RonPaulFTW » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:12 am

JohnCarver wrote:
RonPaulFTW wrote:

I decided that if you have a town claim you are not the target demographic who needs the most help fixing your mistake of derping things in the wrong place. A town Mayor will only have the recourse to drop a pclaim under what he wants to remove. Otherwise manipulating the town permissions in this regard was either too dangerous, or too time costly from a development standpoint.

Got it. So this is for the n00b who accidently built a wall in the wrong place, not those of us with large towns that need redesigned after a patch.
RonPaulFTW

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:13 am

RonPaulFTW wrote:
Got it. So this is for the n00b who accidently built a wall in the wrong place, not those of us with large towns that need redesigned after a patch.

Towns don't need to be redesigned so much they need to be re-fortified. I'm not sure how the rumor keeps spreading you'll need to destroy stuff after the patch, but in most cases, you should not.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements