Game Development: Criminally Thanksgiving

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Criminally Thanksgiving

Postby loftar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:14 am

colesie wrote:A certain larper spammed 100 leantos onto our village claim not so long ago.

How did that happen, though? Did he make a claim and HS-spawn alts on there, or did he just build the leantos? In the former case, a village outsider shouldn't be able to pclaim over the village; and in the latter, isn't he as affected by the debuff from all dat vandalism?
loftar

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 am

loftar wrote:
colesie wrote:A certain larper spammed 100 leantos onto our village claim not so long ago.

How did that happen, though? Did he make a claim and HS-spawn alts on there, or did he just build the leantos? In the former case, a village outsider shouldn't be able to pclaim over the village; and in the latter, isn't he as affected by the debuff from all dat vandalism?

he made a claim on the edge of our town on coles unclaimed part.Pclaims and Vclaims don't mix well at all. they then spawned around 100 new characters int he course of a day. we had to make around 50 stone auth objects to get rid of it and now have to make a pclaim to kill them off the mountain
Last edited by Dallane on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby colesie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:16 am

loftar wrote:

The one section didn't have a claim yet so he dropped one, a massive one. We couldn't v claim over it because he could break the village symbols. He then spammed the same HS on the claim a hundred (give or take) times and filled the claim. We managed to declaim it and claim over with a v claim so that's all fine and dandy but the leantos remain. To destroy them would requite criminal acts and under your new system that would mean that we'd be left online for a long ass time.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Mushibag » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:17 am

Dallane wrote:we had to make around 50 stone auth objects to get rid of it and now have to make a pclaim to kill them off the mountain

It was actually more like 126 boundary stones.
Mushibag

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 am

To be fair, if the lean-to vandal logs off in his leanto, and just happened to be raided, it would be far more likely it was for the waste scent than just randomly and would have been killed anyway.
Ass_Kraken

Postby colesie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 am

3k silver later and I have no p claim, a clean mountain of Jorb, and a ring of alt spammed leantos outside. GG
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby loftar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:23 am

Dallane wrote:he made a claim on the edge of our town on coles unclaimed part.

I don't quite get this part. Do you mean the part he claimed lacked claims entirely, both pclaims and vclaims? Did you have entire parts of your town wholly unclaimed?
loftar

Postby colesie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:24 am

loftar wrote:
Dallane wrote:he made a claim on the edge of our town on coles unclaimed part.

I don't quite get this part. Do you mean the part he claimed lacked claims entirely, both pclaims and vclaims? Did you have entire parts of your town wholly unclaimed?

The one corner was unclaimed since it'd all been built in the same day, he happened to get there quick enough that we hadn't dropped a banner
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby loftar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:27 am

I have to say that sounds like your own fault, then. Isn't it supposed to be fair game when there's no claim? :)
loftar

Postby colesie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:29 am

loftar wrote:I have to say that sounds like your own fault, then. Isn't it supposed to be fair game when there's no claim? :)

I'm not ***** about fair game, I'm ***** about the new mechanic and how big of a kick to the *gunt it is to have to stay online for the rest of your natural life to remove griefing.

*urban dictionary is your friend
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements