Off to the Market

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Off to the Market

Postby lachlaan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:34 pm

In terms of #2, I personally heard of it from Orcling, that now long gone scoundrel xD And I feel that's one of the major ways people will hear about it, from likeminded friends that will serve the purpose of educating and preparing them for the certain death and horrors that will delightfully befall them. So in that sense, I would suggest some sort of recruit-a-friend mechanic, but sadly the nature of the free account spam would make it way too easy to abuse and chew on any would be reward >.< Still, with some more polish after the first bit of publicity I think the news will spread more among friends of established players than anything else. Makes sense since the game is a lot more fun in a group than hermitting. Nice news though :) Can't wait for the expedition and animals! Too bad my townies from many moons ago won't get to see the cheese and whatnot, but I'll enjoy it all thoroughly for all of them.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Salem Facebook Page has been liberated and is now under Mortal Moments control.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Toorimakun » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 pm

JohnCarver wrote:We pushed a fix that 'feels' like it fix'd a chunk of it. But the spikes are still too frequent I agree. I am optimistic we have identified another fix that should fix it even further but its a bit of a complicated fix that will soak up quite a bit of our remaining dev-time.

sounds good for the most part :)

an added note on a server restart:
i would like to see the map more like it was in roanoke... the biomes where much bigger so it encouraged trading a little more... such as someone that lived near grasslands and autumn forest would have a lot of honeydew and colorful leaves but would need to trade them to other people to get liverwort, canine teeth and so on....
it also had some well placed mountainous regions that pretty much blocked off a large part of the map from people just spawning random disposable alts to find peoples towns... you actually had to level up a char to get to a lot of the map.

but you would want to try and restore any cash shop purchases made on this server also... and rare items like gold tophats and all the fertile turkeys that we just got for easter and such... i didn't have much but i was pretty bummed that i didn't have the silver that was in my bank in the last server or the closed beta pack one of my townies gave me.
also darkness area felt bigger....
RIP: Purity, you will be missed.
Toorimakun

Postby Lusewing » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:39 pm

There will be NO restart to the main server only the expoditions servers
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:40 pm

Toorimakun wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:We pushed a fix that 'feels' like it fix'd a chunk of it. But the spikes are still too frequent I agree. I am optimistic we have identified another fix that should fix it even further but its a bit of a complicated fix that will soak up quite a bit of our remaining dev-time.

sounds good for the most part :)

an added note on a server restart:
i would like to see the map more like it was in roanoke... the biomes where much bigger so it encouraged trading a little more... such as someone that lived near grasslands and autumn forest would have a lot of honeydew and colorful leaves but would need to trade them to other people to get liverwort, canine teeth and so on....
it also had some well placed mountainous regions that pretty much blocked off a large part of the map from people just spawning random disposable alts to find peoples towns... you actually had to level up a char to get to a lot of the map.

but you would want to try and restore any cash shop purchases made on this server also... and rare items like gold tophats and all the fertile turkeys that we just got for easter and such... i didn't have much but i was pretty bummed that i didn't have the silver that was in my bank in the last server or the closed beta pack one of my townies gave me.
also darkness area felt bigger....

no terrible idea i am currently working on acquiring you an asian wife and a server restart will ruin all that progress
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Claeyt » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:40 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
vysen wrote:Seriously get the hell on Reddit. Even if it's just to post patch notes. Reddit's a pretty big place to get momentum/hype for things.

Yes. I'm working on getting familiar with all the fad-sites. We will work on establishing a presence here as well.

Salem's had a sub-Reddit forever it just needs more people to post on it and the Dev's to post there also. Last post was 7 months ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Salemgame/

Put this link on the Facebook page.

All you need to do John is put a big splashy announcement on the Reddit page for us to upvote. Also put any announcements for the game there as well. Expedition announcements, patch announcements stuff like that. Honestly you should start copying and pasting every patch post of yours to there just so people have a reference as to when they come out.
Last edited by Claeyt on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Procne » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 pm

As to the youtubers - this guy seems to make videos about sandbox games mostly. Sometimes I visit his channel to see if there's something new.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverDragonLord
Procne

Postby Lusewing » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:44 pm

I have already been incontact with a rather large youtuber who specalizes in games such as Salem:

Hey Lusewing!

Yeah, I played Salem a while ago. I don't remember much other than I stopped playing/following development and deleted it. I may take another look. Thanks! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/paulsoaresjr - 1,110,502 subscribers

If you want to attract the right sort of people to Salem then this guy would be a great place to start.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:44 pm

Claeyt wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
vysen wrote:Seriously get the hell on Reddit. Even if it's just to post patch notes. Reddit's a pretty big place to get momentum/hype for things.

Yes. I'm working on getting familiar with all the fad-sites. We will work on establishing a presence here as well.

Salem's had a sub-Reddit forever it just needs more people to post on it and the Dev's to post there also. Last post was 7 months ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Salemgame/

Put this link on the Facebook page.

All you need to do John is put a big splashy announcement on the Reddit page for us to upvote. Also put any announcements for the game there as well. Expedition announcements, patch announcements stuff like that. Honestly you should start copying and pasting every patch post of yours to there just so people have a reference as to when they come out.

He should make a more offical one instead of using those old crap subreddits. There are 2 of them out there.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Toorimakun » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Rubberduckbandit wrote:no terrible idea i am currently working on acquiring you an asian wife and a server restart will ruin all that progress

...... what sell my soul to join Rubberduckbandit and start a witch char?
Yes Senpai Waifu! :p

maybe redo the map but let us keep our chars, cash shop stuffs and give us a sizable temp bank vault to throw other things we want to bring over....
maybe make a temp item to pack up a field/gardening pot/turkey coop and other such things to save our purities.
Last edited by Toorimakun on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP: Purity, you will be missed.
Toorimakun

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements