Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!

Postby Procne » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Woodworking affects Whittler's Bench, Carpenter's Bench, and Tree Chopping, but not Sawbucks.

Why? Wasn't the decreased board cutting time the main reason to get woodworking artifacts? I can just put away those few cloths I have with woodworking artifacts. Are civilian artifacts currently worth all the trouble? Increased speed when sewing, crafting on whittler's bench or cooking don't really seem all that nice
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Procne wrote:Why? Wasn't the decreased board cutting time the main reason to get woodworking artifacts? I can just put away those few cloths I have with woodworking artifacts. Are civilian artifacts currently worth all the trouble? Increased speed when sewing, crafting on whittler's bench or cooking don't really seem all that nice

This is mainly in anticipation for hand-saws and sawmills. Neither of which would be worth the hassle if woodworking took their glory.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Mereni » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 pm

So much to update on the wiki now. :shock:

I like this new fine leather idea.
Mereni

Postby Vitross » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Procne wrote:Why? Wasn't the decreased board cutting time the main reason to get woodworking artifacts? I can just put away those few cloths I have with woodworking artifacts. Are civilian artifacts currently worth all the trouble? Increased speed when sewing, crafting on whittler's bench or cooking don't really seem all that nice

This is mainly in anticipation for hand-saws and sawmills. Neither of which would be worth the hassle if woodworking took their glory.

So why not introduced this change in the same patch that introduces hand-saws and sawmills, instead of creating a board vacuum
Vitross

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Vitross wrote:
So why not introduced this change in the same patch that introduces hand-saws and sawmills, instead of creating a board vacuum

For your tears of course. Why else.

On a serious note. Would you prefer I let you continue socketing woodworking only to find out that it didn't let you increase sawbucks after you invested your life savings into the new artifices? Better to know what you want to build for now I would think.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kandarim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Mereni wrote:So much to update on the wiki now. :shock:

I like this new fine leather idea.

only that it takes 175 hunting and gathering ... it's gonna take me a while to get there :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Vitross » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Vitross wrote:

For your tears of course. Why else.

On a serious note. Would you prefer I let you continue socketing woodworking only to find out that it didn't let you increase sawbucks after you invested your life savings into the new artifices? Better to know what you want to build for now I would think.

Actually i would prefer that, it doesnt require that horribly many resources to create a decent set of woodworking clothes, and if you gave people upfront warning that this change would come then they have nothing to complain about.

Instead now the availability of boards will likely decrease drastically due to upwards of x5 times slower board making.
Vitross

Postby alloin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:43 pm

First tears on a patch-day are always nice & sweet :mrgreen:
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Vitross wrote: it doesnt require that horribly many resources to create a decent set of woodworking clothes,

It does now. Also woodworking still governs tree-chopping speed which makes it the most OP civ artifice imo.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby alprice » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:43 pm

WOW!!!!!
Embie is my name :P
alprice

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements