Patch 2.2.10 - Bricks and Baubles [Updated Apr 15]

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Patch 2.2.10 - Bricks and Baubles [Updated Apr 15]

Postby MarpTarpton » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:57 pm

Greetings Pilgrims,

Marp Giveth

- Changed Brick of Fallen Sodom and Gomorrah to Brick of Fallen Sodom. Added Brick of Fallen Gomorrah as a separate item.
- Added new pavements (and the items used to pave them): Blue Brick (Brick of Fallen Jericho), White Brick (Brick of Fallen Babel), Black Brick (Brick of Fallen Sodom), and Green Brick (Brick of Fallen Gommorah).
- Increased profession value of slotted gems based on the size (carats) of the gem similar (but not identical) to how size effects Affluence.
- Added two new gems: rhodolite and andalusite.
- Added new pavements for each gem in the color that they appear in their icons.
- Because the largest coded icon for gem size was less probable to discover than being struck by lightning, adjusted code so that all sizes above 2.99 carats will feature a "big" gem icon.
- Added new inspirational - Dark Feathers.
- Added new variation of the Chief's Headdress - Crow Headdress.
- Players can now put bones, darkenbones, black sand, and mortar into stockbins.
- Added a new building - Skull Totem
- Added new Skill - Bioluminescent Applications (required to make glowworm stuff and catch the little buggers)
- Added new Skill - Boneworks (required to make bone stuff)
- Doubled rummaging bonus chance functionality.

Marp Taketh Away

- Players can no longer salvage mortars or poop claims (Challenge Authority objects).
- Defensive tower crits suck up a little bit more fuel than normal hits.
- Defensive towers no longer refresh awake time just because it shoots an enemy.

Bug Fixes:

- With the help of shotgunmollusk, I standardized the tile order in the world and on the minimap so that they should no longer rearrange themselves upon the server restarting. I'm sure some of them will end up looking worse than before as a result of the change, so feel free to voice your opinion. In the future, new pavements/tiles will be entered into this master system to have a place in the hierarchy we've created. Here is the nearly complete graphic ("lowest" [dswamp] on the bottom left, "highest" [snow] on the top right.

What's Next?:

- Delicious Beverages
- PvP adjustments
- Salvage
- Inheritance
- Horses

BONUS PATCH - 4/15/2022

Marp Adjusteth

-Tweaked formula to slightly reduce lower end of gem civilian slotted benefits. Slightly reduced slotting chance and increased range making LL matter a bit more (except starburst, where LL can give 100% slot chance).
-Several of you have voiced the opinion that gems are now OP, and I can see that after collecting them for 6 years they might seem that way.
However, I assure you that high carat gems are incredibly rare, made all the more difficult by the hardness rating and inherent difficulty of more complex cuttings. If they need additional tweaking, I will be happy to oblige, but
I think these values are in-line and gives the gem industry a much needed boost.
- (Hopefully) made it so that skulltotems no longer disappear when area is unloaded.
- Reorganized tile load order based on early criticism. In short, the foliage of coniferous and fen are now backed down to the "grass" level" and reordered paves so gneiss is lower and golden brick is higher.
- Removed insanity AOE from witnessing a baby livestock animal murder.
- New 3D models for Rye Bread, Tortilla, Taco, Fish Taco, Bajgiel, and Clay.
- Restored ability to create glowwormcapes.
- Changed Capes and Cloaks icon to no longer feature a coat.
- Created two new crafting subgroups under equipment - Armour & Cladding and Purses & Bags to clear up some of the overflow.
- Adjusted requirements of skullpin, Fleurs Du Mal, bone buttons, and lucky die to feature boneworks.
- Corrected bounding box orientation of domestic animals.
- Rotten walnuts can now go into Nut Sacks.

Marp Giveth

- Added a new item: Gem Box. It holds gems, both cut and uncut.

In the event that you're feeling both whimsical and generous, feel free to swing by the store to check out the new Jester Hat. Also, I'll be retiring the Phrygian Cap in a few days where it will be locked up in the Salem vault. So, if you haven't grabbed yours yet, be sure to do so!

And, if you haven't done so, please consider following Salem on our new Instagram Account

Thank you for your support in its many forms and stay safe in the Lumberwoods!
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Patch 2.2.10 - Bricks and Baubles

Postby gorniksam » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:18 pm

sweet lord that paving patch made me wet :oops:
gorniksam

Postby Taipion » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:45 am

gorniksam wrote:sweet lord that paving patch made me wet :oops:

...and a lot of people cry, apparently. :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby gorniksam » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:02 pm

Taipion wrote:
gorniksam wrote:sweet lord that paving patch made me wet :oops:

...and a lot of people cry, apparently. :lol:

especially last night
gorniksam

Postby riker88 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:16 am

my existing brick pavement is messed up after this patch, forest biome is growing over it making it look horrid. Anyway to fix this?
riker88
Customer

Postby Taipion » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:06 am

riker88 wrote:my existing brick pavement is messed up after this patch, forest biome is growing over it making it look horrid. Anyway to fix this?

From what I heard, the order of ground tiles is not final yet,
you can throw in your opinion on the discord in #ideas... there is a thread for this
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Announcements