Patch 2.2.7 - Hunting for Change

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Patch 2.2.7 - Hunting for Change

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:47 am

Greetings Pilgrims,

I have some small adjustments and a few new things to present to you.

Marp Giveth

- Adjusted bounding boxes of Makeshift Fence segments to make it easier to both harvest grapes and probably walljump. Please report findings.
- Did some behind the scenes Christmas stuff for the looming holiday.
- Stalls in town will again buy Cricket Teams for 23 silver each. Nope, nevermind - stalls hate Cricket Teams.
- Added Deer Trophy and Bear Trophy under Crafting > Decoratives. These can be sold on the stalls in town for silver or used to decorate your home!
- Added rare alternatives to Deer, Beaver, and Bearskin capes when crafting.
- By popular demand, added Nailbox - a box for your nails! Holds 100 nails, sold by the mining NPC for 400 silver
- Added a new craftable wallpaper: Making Tracks

Marp Taketh Away

- Wrecked giant gametrails. The idea behind this is that hunting, especially as more content is added, should not be so prominently available within the confines of a base. Rather than nerf gametrail spawning, I'd like to eventually increase the variety of creatures likely to spawn on them. Gametrails, as such, also should no longer spread when adjacent to dirt.
- Current owners of giant trails to receive a tip of the hat for the creation or acquisition of the biome abomination.
- Removed lassos. It was fun while it lasted. And by fun I mean bad.
- Removed the ability to salvage town bells.

Raiding Adjustments:

- Defensive towers crit 33% as often.
- Torchpost damage reduced by 50%.
- I will continue to tweak raiding as needed through testing and feedback. These first changes are the gentlest adjustments. Further adjustments will be made.

Bug Fixes:

- Curious Potatoes now spawn much more often and can be split into chunks, if that's what you're in to. They also retain Aether.
- NPC captain typo fix
- Typo in foods made from rabbit.
- Humble Meat Pie now correctly remembers the meat cut used to make it and provides proper restores.
- Meat Shreds made from Squirrel and Cougar cuts now remember the animal from whence they came.
- Removed mention of swamps from "Hiking" skill pagina - but may readd if I want to make swamps difficult terrain. Fun idea :) Probably need bigger swamps though.
- Added border to Really Lucky skill icon
- Those Rarified Thornbush Flowers and Frost Flowers can now be added to the Flower Sack
- Made Cow, Goat, Pig, Sheep, and Carver Manure count as Any Poop.
- Players can no longer salvage dried board piles.

What's Next?:

- Delicious Beverages
- PVP Engagements
- Salvage
- Inheritance
- Horses

Given the surge on the cash shop for the Black Friday Sale, I figured you guys might be spent out. Plus I've been making hats like a crazy person for the new hat box, so I'm kind of hatted out. So this patch will not include a Support the Patch item. However, please don't let that stop you from supporting the patch anyway if you feel so inclined with any other number of items available over at the Cash Shop. Thanks for the support, please report any bugs you may find and feedback of the adjusted raiding stuff.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Patch 2.2.7 - Hunting for Change

Postby NordErdTod » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:20 am

It's a fukken sprucecap
NordErdTod

Re: Patch 2.2.7 - Hunting for Change

Postby Nektaris » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:59 pm

Good stuff Marp, keep it up.
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Return to Announcements