A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Existing groups and towns recruit here.

Re: A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Postby drinix » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 am

Sounds like a lot upset people in here. Here's my take:

1. If you brought your main to the town that was a very poor choice.

2. There were a lot of issues being caused by the town folk. Everyone was calling each other spies - I warned this would only lead to trouble. There was tons of free loading going on. Only a few actually put time in building projects or anything.

Am I surprised Darwoth killed everyone? No, not at all. This is why I created an alt and I waited to see if the town was thriving after a while. When I saw no one was dead I started working on my alt there. Looks like I should of waited about a week or two longer - I only lost a few hours of time invested on him. So no biggie.

I don't think Darwoth should of killed everyone because my concern is it may have a negative impact on Jamestown population. I understand it was the easy solution, cut your losses and pull out your resources. But for all I know everyone who got killed could now be super motivated to build up characters for revenge.

Either way everyone was warned multiple times by people in the thread of the foreseeable outcome. It's a shame the Town didn't turn out, there was huge potential for growth but a baby sitter was needed.

Darwoth I had fun while it lasted, I'm interested in seeing the other issues/ongoings with the Town. Hopefully we'll see the episode on your site or a more in depth story of the on goings on the forums.

Carg.
drinix

Postby Shenkho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 am

drinix wrote:Sounds like a lot upset people in here. Here's my take:

1. If you brought your main to the town that was a very poor choice.

2. There were a lot of issues being caused by the town folk. Everyone was calling each other spies - I warned this would only lead to trouble. There was tons of free loading going on. Only a few actually put time in building projects or anything.

Am I surprised Darwoth killed everyone? No, not at all. This is why I created an alt and I waited to see if the town was thriving after a while. When I saw no one was dead I started working on my alt there. Looks like I should of waited about a week or two longer - I only lost a few hours of time invested on him. So no biggie.

I don't think Darwoth should of killed everyone because my concern is it may have a negative impact on Jamestown population. I understand it was the easy solution, cut your losses and pull out your resources. But for all I know everyone who got killed could now be super motivated to build up characters for revenge.

Either way everyone was warned multiple times by people in the thread of the foreseeable outcome. It's a shame the Town didn't turn out, there was huge potential for growth but a baby sitter was needed.

Darwoth I had fun while it lasted, I'm interested in seeing the other issues/ongoings with the Town. Hopefully we'll see the episode on your site or a more in depth story of the on goings on the forums.

Carg.

Well that maybe because of that problem , if they went there with their main character that maybe mean that they were new to the game and people who din't want to risk just went with an alt , so maybe not that usefull if you can tell , since you still mainly play on your main, since you said yourself you only lost a few hours of play..when this thread been out for a while. I assume if darworth would have a average of player base he would't even thinking about murdering them but that my point of view , im not in his head only been here for not even a week :lol: and i heard he a solo pk so yeah im maybe far from the track also :mrgreen:.
Enjoy your play.
And don't forget ,
This is MADNESS! , no this is SALEM!
Shenkho

Postby Tijl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:09 am

If you brought your main to the town that was a very poor choice.

You are not the first to tell me that. But that "main" was hardly worth anything when i joined town. It's not like i ran in to it with a 100 bile character. Not even close. I called it my main because it was all i had at that moment.

With what i have learned and gained since then i can rebuild a character that has the same development as my "main" when she entered town in a week or less from scratch. She was also only meant as a temporary main. One or two weeks extra and i could have started pumping out an army. Alas Darwoth pulled the trigger earlier then i expected.

Do i think he did it because of lazy behavior? Yes and no. I think he planned it from the start, the signals were there. But i think the town might have helped speeding up the proces. Only he knows the truth to that.

Whatever the case. I don't blame hime for anything. If i was in charge heads would have rolled also(earlier actually). Infact, i came very close to killing you yesterday, as you probably now. Add to that that i wanted to go out and kill others just for fun, i have no right to moan.
Tijl

Postby Thor » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:21 am

I think you guys had your first army experience!
One ***** up, all get punished.

Maybe Darwoth is...
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman!

So some of you got hardened by this experience and became this:
"RAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR!!"

... and some of you turned out this way:
"***** SLAEM"

As for me couple of friends talked me into joining with an alt.
So I got everything ready and traveled to a location maybe 5 mins down the road from Dartown and waited for Darwoth to come online (by the time I got there it was around 2-3 am his time so he went to sleep. After the nap he said he was going to do some management stuff there and point my location there).
5-8 hours later he did in fact come online and executed the massacre. +1000 silver saved and maybe 1,5 hours wasted for me.

Lucky me.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Shenkho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:33 am

Thor wrote:I think you guys had your first army experience!

Maybe Darwoth is...

"***** SLAEM"

As for me couple of friends talked me into joining with an alt.
So I got everything ready and traveled to a location maybe 5 mins down the road from Dartown and waited for Darwoth to come online (by the time I got there it was around 2-3 am his time so he went to sleep. After the nap he said he was going to do some management stuff there and point my location there).
5-8 hours later he did in fact come online and executed the massacre. +1000 silver saved and maybe 1,5 hours wasted for me.

Lucky me.

Seen like its was a good think i dint have the silver require when i asked him or i woulda be in the party of bieng death.

EDIT: your picture explain it pretty well :lol: :mrgreen:
Enjoy your play.
And don't forget ,
This is MADNESS! , no this is SALEM!
Shenkho

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:07 am

My favorite part is how Darwoth thinks that this mass-murder would make it into the top 10 number of murders on previous Plymouth Tribal raids. Even with his "big finale" he still pales in comparison.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:11 am

Thor wrote:I think you guys had your first army experience!

Maybe Darwoth is...

"***** SLAEM"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

to bad i did not have more animal mothers instead of private pyles =P
Darwoth

Postby Thor » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:15 am

I knew it.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:26 am

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Snowpig » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 am

As promised here merely two weeks ago (while answering the n-th 'Come to Jamestown and enjoy Darwoth-City'- Posting):

In feudalism, it's your count that votes...
Snowpig

PreviousNext

Return to The Colonial Charter