Posting Game Suggestions Everyday Til JC Acknowledges Salem

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Posting Game Suggestions Everyday Til JC Acknowledges Sa

Postby Taipion » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:48 pm

reeper_aut wrote:
Goodman12 wrote:Poor management of the economy(Silver isn't worth ****):

i don't know any mmo where the ingame currency is worth anything. be it diablo, ultima, etc.
the "feature" of merchants bringing lots of money to the server is also an old one

That's outright silly, there are countless MMOs where cash actually buys you everything, not only in EVE.

...lol... diablo MMO :D

You just need a rough balance of cash sinks to cash generation, like, can't be that difficult, I've seen a lot of games that do it right, no only MMOs, where you never have enough cash which means there are enough sinks.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby reeper_aut » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:54 pm

then why don't you give examples?

but as long as you can sell cloth to the npc you need massive sinks!
reeper_aut

Postby Goodman12 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:10 pm

reeper_aut wrote:but as long as you can sell cloth to the npc you need massive sinks!

Sure, but its easy to remove those options when there is too much silver.
Its also pretty easy to add silver sinks
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Taipion » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 am

reeper_aut wrote:then why don't you give examples?

but as long as you can sell cloth to the npc you need massive sinks!

I did, EVE, or like... even warframe, that ****** excuse of a semi-single-player game...
Any game with working currency sinks...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby reeper_aut » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:27 pm

i meant example of money sinks for salem
reeper_aut

Postby Taipion » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:38 pm

reeper_aut wrote:i meant example of money sinks for salem

Ok, but you asked for
reeper_aut wrote:any mmo where the ingame currency is worth anything
not examples of silver sinks in salem...

- Town/claim-costs are pretty much ok, I'd say, you have to consider mostly the cost of expanding pclaims though upkeep is quite a bit, too, and for towns it's mostly the 8.5k town charter to start, otherwise only the upkeep if you want to compete on the top 10.

- Other town-related costs are there but lousily cheap, 500s for a tbf?! ...that should be different, maybe based on the effected town's sizes or so...

- Stall buy costs are partly steep, which provides a barrier for new players, which is fine, any increase in stall upkeep cost or taxes would be outright bad.

Other costs... (?)
- There could be a higher fee to look at the top 10 towns and such.
- And there could be an option to buy maps to these top 10 towns for a high cost.
Anything else is just open to imagination!
- A "premium" option to cure characters, like something around 2-5k for just one button curing of disease (+500s per use of medicine that has already been tried on this disease ¦] )
- A professional therapy session for a similar cost that cures all madness, which might be a costly trap for any newbie that is afraid of madness and did not care to look further, perfectly fitting Salem ^^
- Silver-cost upgrades to weapons and/or clothing that may provide some maximum of 5-10% increase in dmg or stats of slotted artifices which come without rng but linear and ridiculously steep cost like 1% is 10k and 10% is 1m or 10m or so... just imagine telling your friends you got a claymore +IV (!)
- ...or a temporary increase to slotting chance ^^

There could and should be constant silver costs that come cheap one by one but add up, but I have no idea what would be really good.
Something that everyone wants but that is not strictly necessary.
- An inefficient way to dump silver into inspiration or skills?
- Or humurs?
- Mail order delivery of slightly overpriced resources to your HS? ^^
- A silver option to buy shop stuff, preferably highly rng based. :lol:
- ... ?

Or what did you think of? Go tell me!
Taipion

Postby reeper_aut » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:43 pm

Taipion wrote: Ok, but you asked for

plz quote full sentence next time, not just parts....

Taipion wrote:not examples of silver sinks in salem...

that's mostly missinterpretation on your part.
What i said was that i don't know mmos that do it right, but what good are the names when i don't know the mechanics of (to me) unknown games.
Also how do dev. benefit from just names?
reeper_aut

Postby Taipion » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm

reeper_aut wrote:
Taipion wrote: Ok, but you asked for

plz quote full sentence next time, not just parts....

Ok, you said in full:
reeper_aut wrote:
Goodman12 wrote:Poor management of the economy(Silver isn't worth ****):

i don't know any mmo where the ingame currency is worth anything. be it diablo, ultima, etc.
the "feature" of merchants bringing lots of money to the server is also an old one

Just ignoring that you call diablo an mmo, what is the humble reader meant see here?
You asked for examples of MMOs where ingame currency is worth something, which means working currency-sinks.

Maybe just try to form your thoughts into coherent words that well reflect what you intend to say?! :lol:
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:57 am

Been giving up on the daily updates lately it seems :(

Its not wishful thinking but rather a miracle if JC ever is going to give Salem the love it deserves. Personally I would still be interested in yearly expeditions, since he never intended to balance Providence and honestly he was not capable of doing that.

Elon Musk wrote:Don’t delude yourself into thinking something’s working when it’s not or you’re gonna get fixated on a bad solution.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

An Update

Postby pistolshrimp » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:19 am

An Update

Sorry all. I recently got hired at Apple and I have to go through a kind of intense 3 month training period, then take a certification exam and long story short its been a lot more time consuming than I thought.

I think I'm going to have to stick a pin in these update for the time being until I find a good balance between everything I want to do again. I'm not giving up per-se. I've got a lot of update in my head and even a few that I wrote out, but I can't commit to a good schedule and I don't want to keep starting and stopping like an *******. I do want to again, thank everyone's support and encouragement.

While I had some ups and downs in enthusiasm while doing this thread, it wasn't really related to JC, if fact when I started this I knew it wouldn't really make JC come back, my goal was just about giving people some sort of reason to interact with the forums. I like the discord but there is a lot that gets lost there. Recently, there has been a slight uptick on both the forum and people creating content for Salem. We've had 3 different streams in the last month, a player driven event that didn't fail, maybe an upcoming mortal combat, and I've talked to a few people who have been throwing around ideas of videos for Salem. I doubt I really had any part in that uptick, but I've really been glad to see it happen. With that in mind I may try my hand at another form of content creation before I jump back into these updates. I've been playing around with a couple of ideas, maybe bringing back my old Salem Movie reviews thread, or making a video, or even streaming. My goal is still to drive some traffic to the this forum. I also might throw up some of the updates I have already written, but without the whole stress of trying to do it every day.

So to re-iterate I'm still excited about Salem's potential future, maybe even more so than when I started this thread, I'm just not smart enough to balance all the things I need to do with all the things I want to do just yet.

Thanks again for reading, pm me on discord if you want to talk about content creation, give me advice or just to chat about your own ideas and I'll see what I can do to support them.
pistolshrimp

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations