Three Innovating Balances!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Three Innovating Balances!

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 am

Extra chromozome gang strikes again!
ZoddAlmighty

Postby belgear » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 am

I am sorry, Max, that there are a couple people who's blinders get thrown on as soon as they see a name and I just want to say that there are still plenty of people who appreciate your input and hope that you continue to chime in. The change to gardening would be sadistic, though. ;)
belgear
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 am

Timers are bad. They add to tedium and take away fun. If I wanted to watch the timer running I would watch the timer running without the whole game overhead.

1. Containers
More fancy animations are ok. Extra timers are not ok, there is enough time waste on walking between containers and due to network latency. If browsing through multiple containers becomes too costly it will be countered by cataloguing plugins which will be undetectable by definition - it is just automatized taking notes.

2. Gardening pots.
Again, adding more tedium is ****. It will only lead to rise of bots and macros.

3. Wells and rivers
Indeed wells are inferior to drawing water from river. But I would rather see being able to build a well in any random place, perhaps at a vastly increased material cost, compared to a well built on a node. That way drawing timer would be offset by costs of walking up to the river.
Chrumps

Postby Dallane » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:51 pm

belgear wrote: there are a couple people who's blinders get thrown on as soon as they see a name

This is a major reason why the community is trash.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ronch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks again for the link.
You are right...
After reading the entire linked thread, I now have a different corrected perspective on your stance.

: my apologie(s). 8-)
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby GigiBecali » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:06 pm

The water idea is nice, I will always support ideas that make the game less tedious
HS: conopida
Spleen on discord and Salem
GigiBecali

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Ronch wrote:

Thanks again for the link.
You are right...
After reading the entire linked thread, I now have a different corrected perspective on your stance.

: my apologie(s). 8-)

Well,well..
Darwin was right! Evolution can happen in a lifetime.
Congratz Ronch, only 499 extra chromozomes to lose and youll be a proper human being.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 pm

GigiBecali wrote:The water idea is nice, I will always support ideas that make the game less tedious

You might have misread it then, all these "ideas" are meant to make the game more tedious, as all of them and this whole thread are 100% trolling only.
...or max actually is the new frakked, you can never be sure about those things...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:55 pm

I guess you couldn't understand the idea either Taipon.

Change buckets to collect water via the method sifting is currently using, thus the already existing autosift option in custom clients was kept in mind aswell when I suggested this.
That might be what confused some people who probably just thought you would still collect water the same way but somehow make it tedious because you had to wait for the water to be collected to grab more manually.

So, whether the Devs added autobucketing themselves with it or the custom client makers would have added it quickly after anyway it would be a great change.
And so, Wells would be made useful once again, and collecting water in general would be less tedious.

As for the person who suggested Wells be built anywhere at increased costs(Haven&Hearth) thats a decent idea to consider aswell with this change.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:24 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:I guess you couldn't understand the idea either Taipon.

Change buckets to collect water via the method sifting is currently using, thus the already existing autosift option in custom clients was kept in mind aswell when I suggested this.
That might be what confused some people who probably just thought you would still collect water the same way but somehow make it tedious because you had to wait for the water to be collected to grab more manually.

So, whether the Devs added autobucketing themselves with it or the custom client makers would have added it quickly after anyway it would be a great change.
And so, Wells would be made useful once again, and collecting water in general would be less tedious.

As for the person who suggested Wells be built anywhere at increased costs(Haven&Hearth) thats a decent idea to consider aswell with this change.

Seriously?

You changed your mind and you now say you're not trolling anymore?

"-Gather water from bodies of water with the speed of the store sifting pan." is like what? 1 second per bucket? You know you can do 2-3 buckets per second manually?

You hate it that people still play this game even though you ragequit,
and now you're talking **** to make it worse, not that there would be any risk really, the devs surely won't fall for this cheap trolling.

As I said I'd say it would be just fair to retaliate by suggesting equally ****** ideas in the HnH forums,
but I heard the devs there don't need that to implement ideas like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations