Full Clothes for new players

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Full Clothes for new players

Postby kemil88 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:41 am

So you are telling me that a BRAND NEW PLAYER before finishing the tutorial should already know all of this, especially when there's no hint about using reeds as plant fibre, ESPECIALLY when in the image and description of plant fibre there's nothing that makes you think about reeds.
kemil88

Postby Dallane » Sun May 27, 2018 11:01 am

kemil88 wrote:So you are telling me that a BRAND NEW PLAYER before finishing the tutorial should already know all of this, especially when there's no hint about using reeds as plant fibre, ESPECIALLY when in the image and description of plant fibre there's nothing that makes you think about reeds.

Well I don't see any other post talking about this in the last year, so yes a majority of people have figured this stuff out.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Sun May 27, 2018 11:36 am

Yeah woven reeds should prolly be in the tutorial too, but a torch on its own might do the trick.
Rifmaster

Postby Taipion » Sun May 27, 2018 1:14 pm

kemil88 wrote:So you are telling me that a BRAND NEW PLAYER before finishing the tutorial should already know all of this, especially when there's no hint about using reeds as plant fibre, ESPECIALLY when in the image and description of plant fibre there's nothing that makes you think about reeds.

Ofc not, you are supposed to know and use the myrtle oak leaves exploit, as there are a ton of myrtle oaks in the tutorial area, and you can easily and effortlessly make hundreds of rags (also count as fibres) from them.

[edit:] Carrying two lit torches at once is well possibly enough to get you through even the harshest coldsnaps, even if not wearing anything besides those two torches.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations