Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Postby Taipion » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:44 am

Update: The great Sacking!

New Feature: Open All Sacks (of that type, includes egg baskets)
Simply hold ALT and right click a sack (or egg basket) and it will open all of that type at once.
The order in that it will be opened is, left to right, then row by row from top to bottom.

Bug Fix: Auto-Container-Handler (previously known as Auto-"Bucket"-from-inventory/backpack)
I unfortunately overlooked the difference in sorted/unsorted inventories, that could lead to this feature delivering wrong objects if the inventory was sorted.
This has been fixed!

As always, get the update by running the updater.jar of your choice (first post of this thread) or getting the tsalem.jar directly (again, first post / github).

And as always, I'm looking for feedback and ideas of all kinds! Got some? Here's a pretty good place for them. ;)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:51 pm

pistolshrimp

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:13 pm

Now that's interesting.

For the first part, as I said in discord, this needs more detail and a few examples of how it would work/look like.

For the highlighting... I guess that's easy, I'm still considering if it really makes sense in all cases, like, some newbie crafted his first cloths and one stat is highlighted, is it intuitive? Does it make sense? Should there be a threshold?
...how about rummaging sets... do they have it as highest stat?
Well, I'll think about it.

[edit:] yea, slotting a yellow rose per cloth item, as it's a cheap artifice and 2nd best rummaging, will make affluence exceed rummaging... there are probably more cases where you might want to combine things like mining/alloying or affluence and something else... it probably makes sense in most cases though.
I'll think about it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:28 am

Silent patch...

The "Xmas Update", as seen here,
already included the "international WASD"-fix, that should make using WASD possible regardless of your keyboard layout / language.
Sorry I forgot about that and did not mention it in the initial patch notes!

Please tell me if it is not working for anyone, I'd strongly assume it does.
Taipion

Postby birdana » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 pm

i dont have a salem bin, i have a Local Disk: users: user name .Salem cache: Res
Temp
birdana

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:23 pm

birdana wrote:i dont have a salem bin, i have a Local Disk: users: user name .Salem cache: Res
Temp

I can assure you, if you have a /.salem/ cache folder, you also have a /Salem/bin/ folder, unless you manually deleted it...

But what is your question?
Taipion

Postby birdana » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:13 pm

Taipion wrote:
birdana wrote:i dont have a salem bin, i have a Local Disk: users: user name .Salem cache: Res
Temp

I can assure you, if you have a /.salem/ cache folder, you also have a /Salem/bin/ folder, unless you manually deleted it...

my question is where do i put the client application if i dont have a bin folder?
birdana

Postby Taipion » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:29 am

birdana wrote:
Taipion wrote:
Temp

my question is where do i put the client application if i dont have a bin folder?

o.O

?

Just run the updater.jar, it will create that folder before actually launching the client.
Taipion

Postby birdana » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:19 pm

ah. ok that doesnt work. must be the same reason i cant launch hnh. i have the newest version of java, but theres just something wrong. no worries- i'll just continue playing vanilla
birdana

Postby Taipion » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:14 pm

birdana wrote:ah. ok that doesnt work. must be the same reason i cant launch hnh. i have the newest version of java, but theres just something wrong. no worries- i'll just continue playing vanilla

:o

Don't punish yourself like that...
Go ask Marp here on the forums to add you to the official salem discord, we can do some troubleshooting there.

I'd guess it's a java security setting, something simple, just don't give up that fast.
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana