Upcoming Features & Feature Requests for Taipions Client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Upcoming Features & Feature Requests for Taipions Client

Postby reeper_aut » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 am

can you build a feature in your client that shows different colours of the liquid bar on clay or copper pots depending on what liquid is inside?
it already does so for tanning fluid, but not for lets say willow bark tonic or (meat) broth

willowbark: green(ish) bar
broth: brown (dark) bar
teas: white (or depending on kind of tea?)

tanning fluid from bark already turns to orange bar.
reeper_aut

Postby Taipion » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:22 pm

reeper_aut wrote:can you build a feature in your client that shows different colours of the liquid bar on clay or copper pots depending on what liquid is inside?
it already does so for tanning fluid, but not for lets say willow bark tonic or (meat) broth

willowbark: green(ish) bar
broth: brown (dark) bar
teas: white (or depending on kind of tea?)

tanning fluid from bark already turns to orange bar.

I took a look at it, and it seems the colour is set by the message from the server, or in most cases except tanning fluid, it is not.
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell what fluid is inside without taking the pot into the inventory first.

If anyone has an idea how to solve this, feel free to tell me!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:48 am

Paradoxyc wrote:https://i.gyazo.com/e32cde4f877b0424323a6defbd99243a.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/59d996fcc0b4ad9757fa641387f3bebf.mp4

If possible, it would be great to have Ender's client style sorting for containers etc (continuous sorting that stays on for all objects). Thanks!

I sorted this out. (play on words ^^)
And it's pretty simple, will make it into the next update.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby goroskop1987 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:20 am

1. Hello, Taipion! Could you update the link to the PlayerAlertPlugin? Or better put it on github.
2. Can you isolate alarm&alert sounds from game sounds in separate scale? Please!
3. And about "your wildest dreams", I am terribly afraid of murderers and dream of an upgraded plugin. It, in addition to the alarm signal, would make the character sprint to the nearest bed. You can create a new plugin (maybe SprintToBed) or do it in the existing one optionally: hotkey "j" - alarm signal, hotkey "any" - alarm signal + sprint to bed.
4. Regarding filling myself up to the overweight, I don't see anything wrong with the option/plugin (maybe NotOverweight), which, according to the hotkey, did a quick reverse scrolling back into the connected container up to the white weight.
5. Do you have other contacts for "your wildest dreams". I just have some that are scary to write about because of the fear of being banned.
goroskop1987

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:29 pm

goroskop1987 wrote:1. Hello, Taipion! Could you update the link to the PlayerAlertPlugin? Or better put it on github.
2. Can you isolate alarm&alert sounds from game sounds in separate scale? Please!
3. And about "your wildest dreams", I am terribly afraid of murderers and dream of an upgraded plugin. It, in addition to the alarm signal, would make the character sprint to the nearest bed. You can create a new plugin (maybe SprintToBed) or do it in the existing one optionally: hotkey "j" - alarm signal, hotkey "any" - alarm signal + sprint to bed.
4. Regarding filling myself up to the overweight, I don't see anything wrong with the option/plugin (maybe NotOverweight), which, according to the hotkey, did a quick reverse scrolling back into the connected container up to the white weight.
5. Do you have other contacts for "your wildest dreams". I just have some that are scary to write about because of the fear of being banned.

#1 some of that is probably not allowed if you ask the dev
#2 some of that is technically not possible
#3 there is no harm in speaking about your dreams... I guess...mostly...
Taipion

Postby goroskop1987 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:31 am

Taipion, and what about the link to the PlayerAlertPlugin? Refresh it, or better put a permanent link in your client's first post, please! Its plugin is best of the best!
Old links don't work :cry:
goroskop1987

Postby riker88 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:44 pm

would be great if we could see a clock over things like crops, timber piles, coals etc.. to be able to see how long until they will be done.
riker88
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:48 am

riker88 wrote:would be great if we could see a clock over things like crops, timber piles, coals etc.. to be able to see how long until they will be done.

That's unfortunately not possible, I mean, it may be possible client sided, but the effort required would be nuts.

Thing is:
- the client does not know any of these things
- the client could "take notes" when you build/plant/light/... those, but the ID's the client gets are obfuscated and basically random the next time the map tile is loaded
what does that mean? -> the server does not give you persistent IDs for any object like a coal clamp, so you can't just remember it by ID

simple solution:
use ingame timers and start them once you do stuff, it is easy enough to calculate the time required for fields based on which crop you plant and what speed multiplier you have,
much easier for timber piles and coal clamps as they have fixed times,
also: ingame timers account for server times, which stops if the server is down, so they are always accurate
Taipion

Previous

Return to Artifice & Arcana