Endless Loading?

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Endless Loading?

Postby alloin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:12 am

I'm having issues with the new client.

I can go to the point I'm logged in to the character creation island, nothing happening after that.

I can open inventory, study window,etc... but the world is not loading.

here's a screenshot:

I tried uninstalling the game, java, deleting cache... but still the same.

Any tips on how to fix this ? I could run Salem fine before
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Re: Endless Loading?

Postby gregl26 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:49 am

same thing for me
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

Postby gregl26 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:14 am

is it only the two of us who have this? I changed my password and re-installed java. Any thing else i can try?
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

Postby Chiprel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:19 am

Are you guys have some slow inet?
I had to wait like 20-30sec before 'loading...' went away but all the time my crappy inet was used at full speed (128kb/s dl speed).
Get some program for monitoring inet connection. Check if game is downloading anything when you have 'loading...' screen.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby gregl26 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:21 am

i have the best internet that is available in the city of Denver. Can't remember what the actual speed is but it is very good.

fyi there were
gregl26

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:07 am

Chiprel wrote:Are you guys have some slow inet?
I had to wait like 20-30sec before 'loading...' went away but all the time my crappy inet was used at full speed (128kb/s dl speed).
Get some program for monitoring inet connection. Check if game is downloading anything when you have 'loading...' screen.

It's an isolated problem having nothing to do with the network connection. I had a problem with it early on (as well as in HnH, which is in many ways the same client). There's something bugged up in the Java installation, configuration, or driver issue. I made sure I did a thorough wipe of anything Java and reinstalled it, then the problem was fixed. (Only thing I can figure was a bad update at some point.) I've heard it's worked for some people and not for others. Things such as router and firewall settings might cause problems, but the only solutions I've seen on that line is very specific hardware or software.

Windows (XP and newer, home or pro, under Admin tools) does have some monitoring tools to check things like network throughput, memory access, hard drive activity, etc. It all gets a bit technical, though, so it's not something I could walk anyone through.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Zou » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:13 am

I made it load by maximizing the window, and then setting it back to normal. But the best fix is probably a complete Java wipe and reinstall.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby gregl26 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 am

Wiped and installed 5 times. I dont know what could have changed on my system in the one hour between the world going down and coming back up.

fyi there were
gregl26

Postby alloin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 pm

I have reinstalled and tried with both JRE 32 bit & 64 bit, both didn't work, still getting the black loading screen.

Any more sugggestions ?
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:53 pm

When you uninstalled Java, did you make sure to clean up anything left over, such as in the registry, etc? The uninstall doesn't always make sure to clean up the little files that may have been created after the installation process took place. I've found a couple utilities that will do this for you, but I don't want to recommend any of them. I did a search for "clean java install" on Google and found some good information when I did it.

Beyond that, no, reinstalling Java may not fix it for people. The debugging process may be more complex and require a special client.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities