Splash damage from stone hedge to Plank fence

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Splash damage from stone hedge to Plank fence

Postby Nephilim » Tue May 14, 2013 2:35 pm

I made a mistake making stone wall near my plank. Had to destroy stone segment - no dmg to plank at all.
Did happen 2 days ago.
Nephilim

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Unless someone can clearly confirm this is bugged, I think there's enough statements saying everything works as intended. Thread closed. PM something showing the bug and I'll reopen it.

Just got a PM from another player with a couple of videos demonstrating this, so opening this back up.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Kandarim » Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 pm

the other player is now posting his videos to back this up:

video 1
video 2

Since I was replacing that piece of wall anyway, I continued destroying the old, simple, fence. Only segments directly adjacent to the plank fence splashed onto it. Even one tile between the two nullified any splash.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Judaism » Thu May 16, 2013 12:30 am

Kandarim wrote:the other player is now posting his videos to back this up:

video 1
video 2

Since I was replacing that piece of wall anyway, I continued destroying the old, simple, fence. Only segments directly adjacent to the plank fence splashed onto it. Even one tile between the two nullified any splash.

Sorry, on Plymouth this isn't occuring.

Triple checked and made a video to confirm this.

This must be an old video/other server.

My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x__zziTKdus
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Snowpig » Thu May 16, 2013 7:26 am

This not correct. I have had the occurence on Plym around end of last week.

One question: did you hit the stone hedge from inside of your claim or from outside?

In my case the me and the stone hedge i destroyed were inside my pclaim.
In feudalism, it's your count that votes...
Snowpig

Postby Kandarim » Thu May 16, 2013 7:46 am

Snowpig wrote:This not correct. I have had the occurence on Plym around end of last week.

One question: did you hit the stone hedge from inside of your claim or from outside?

my walls were town claimed, without a player claim. Possible it only occurs when the simple fence is placed in the extension of the plank fence? Note that your situation is different from mine in at least two aspects: the wall is not situated in the extension, and you used stone fence instead of simple fence.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Judaism » Thu May 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Kandarim wrote:
Snowpig wrote:This not correct. I have had the occurence on Plym around end of last week.

my walls were town claimed, without a player claim. Possible it only occurs when the simple fence is placed in the extension of the plank fence? Note that your situation is different from mine in at least two aspects: the wall is not situated in the extension, and you used stone fence instead of simple fence.

Noticed can be the issue.

The wall was destroyed inside the pclaim, and vclaim
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby k545836 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 pm

I say remove this abusive buggy splash thing for good. You nerfed the walls, if you think it is still too strong - nerf it again.

BTW how makeshift fence is an exception? Can you splash damage it? I can see that it does not take splash damage from itself...
k545836

Postby martinuzz » Sat May 18, 2013 10:07 am

I don't see how makeshift damaging plankfence would be an intentional exception. As far as I understand, it's an oversight, and needs fixing. If that extends to stonewall damaging plank now as well, yeah, please fix this with highest possible priority.
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby Snowpig » Sat May 18, 2013 1:47 pm

ok, i did another run - this time the plank fence did not get any splash damage from destroying stone hedge.

observation:

If your toon is destroying the stone hedge staying outside of your claim, no splash damage to plank fence occurs.
If your toon is destroying the stone hedge staying inside of your claim, plank fence is damaged (~ 71%)
In feudalism, it's your count that votes...
Snowpig

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities