Can't see any stalls

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Can't see any stalls

Postby gregl26 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I cant see any of the stalls including the npc ones after the update. I restarted my comp even. hmm... anyone else getting this. i launched the client from the account menu. is there a more up to date one? if so where?
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

Re: Can't see any stalls

Postby Chiprel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:50 am

Try cleaning java cache so you get new game files for sure.
How to:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby Keyalha » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 pm

i tried that and it did not fix the problem i just got my beta key i can login and all that but i dont see any npcs or buildings just the landscape, the ui and speech bubbles but with the client like that it aint any good at all also tried the ender client thing but it does not fix the problem either.
Keyalha

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Keyalha wrote: also tried the ender client thing but it does not fix the problem either.

99% of the time it won't, either. The 3rd party clients aren't rewrites of the original code, they just have additional code added in for the extra functions.

And sorry, I can't think of anything else other than to clear the cache, either. It was what was originally recommended when the stalls were first introduced.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:53 pm

i never had this issue even with my ****** pc...
just in case, have you tried low-memory client too?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Keyalha » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:53 pm

So it means after month of waiting for that damn beta key im pretty much fu...ed?
Im not even using any cheap graphic chip or laptop or anything.

Meanwhile im btw not even able to login anymore now i get a blackscreen on logon.

Graphics Card is btw an ATI Radeon 5870.

low memory client whats that?
Keyalha

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:58 pm

if your pc is rather new-ish and got enough memory, then this may not solve, but
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=293

have you tried re-installing (or updating) your ATI driver?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Keyalha » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:02 pm

i just tested about the drivers have the newest reference drivers already for the sake of testing i did a clean deinstall and reinstall and im now back to black screen when i launch the client. Why the hell java for gods sake?

Low memory thing gives me a blackscreen client as well now.

Ok after complete PC restart i was able to login once now but as i was fearful i tested if i can logout and back in and bam blackscreen again.

When i was logged in a was able to see everything
Keyalha

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Check Catalyst for 3D settings. Is OpenGL Triple Buffering enabled or disabled? Make sure it is turned off (at least when running Salem). This usually causes crashes after a character is selected, though.

Do you have the most recent driver for your card (what version number)? If you recently updated (as in the last few weeks), there might be a bug in the driver relating to your specific card. Try rolling back to a previous version.

Describe this "black screen". Do you get anything? How far do you get starting the program? Are you able to log in and select a character before it goes black? If so, you might have some network errors. Some antivirus and firewall programs don't like Java for some reason. Try disabling them and connecting. If things work right all of a sudden, that would be the culprit. You have a choice of trying to configure it to let the game connect properly or replacing it with something less intrusive.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Keyalha » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:23 pm

I did checked that as i read about that before i posted, altho with the reinstall the driver setting got defaulted back to it beeing on.

Driver is Catalyst 12.8 for x64 ( as i have Win7 Professional x64 and the fitting Hardware )

Black Sceen is the client starts up i get the client window but the contents of the window is just a black screen. I am not even able to login anymore as before i get there i get said black screen.

Network is fine only a regular router no software firewall ( i dislike those ) just a regular portfilter and packagefilter which is configured properly as i was able to login not long ago.

For the Sake of testing i completly disabled any packagefiltering from my router and still get the same end result.

Edit again: after another restart and another test still blackscreening with Tripple Buffering beeing off.

Edit2: giving up now after roughly 2ish hours of tampering im not willing to dedicate more time, seems if loftar isnt writing a proper client im stuck with skipping on salem.

Im happy if anyone still has ideas as i wanted to test out the game im just barking mad now that again loftar decided to use the most unreliable programming language that is out there.

Direct X might not be the best of the best but since java cant work with it LWGL is the only thing and the implementation seems overly sloppy from my point of view.

Edit3: Installed JRE7 ( was still using 6 ) still blackscreen as soon as i start the client.

So for me its either proper client or no salem, starting to get really fed up :evil:
Keyalha

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities