Claim Stone kicked me out of my house

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Claim Stone kicked me out of my house

Postby javimr » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in a pinch here. I'm new to the game and after a week of efford i finally managed to get the necessary money to buy the "Writ of homesteading".
But as a surprise, after putting my stake claim, I suddenly cannot move, the area appears as red and I see a message that tells me that i'm someone elses territory.
In order to leave the area where i'm stuck, i have activated the "criminal acts", hopping that the issue would be only a glitch and that i could enter again.....
But nothing...

In addition, i cannot travel, nor log out because crime was activated....
Is there a bug with "stake claim" ? Did i miss any step to assing the land to me?

I really don't know what's going on. Could someone help me with it?
btw my character is called: Takion

Thanks in advance.
javimr

Re: Claim Stone kicked me out of my house

Postby FAOK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:37 am

did a different charcter build the claim if so u need to assign a color to them on friend list an assign rights
FAOK

Postby javimr » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:53 am

I started to build the claim just introducing the rocks with an already dead character from whom i inherited the spot.
But i finished building it with my current character by adding the "Writ of homesteading".
Does it really matter who started building the claim? For the description of the "Writ of homesteading" i thought that the only important thing would be is who's buying it.

Does this mean that as i started building the claim with a dead character, which i cannot loggin with anymore, i lost the claim even though the "Writ of homesteading" was bough with the current one?

May i add my dead characters to friends and it will be solved?

Thanks in advance.
javimr

Postby FAOK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:43 pm

ahoh no it matter who builds it an the character has to be alive to be able to give u permisson u will need to redo the writ of housestead..
FAOK

Postby Taipion » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:09 pm

FAOK wrote:ahoh no it matter who builds it an the character has to be alive to be able to give u permisson u will need to redo the writ of housestead..

That is partially wrong.

- Every claim is owned by exactly one character
- If that character dies, you can inherit it
- Inheriting transfers the ownership of any claim that was owned by the deceased, to the inheriting heir

Also: The heir will take the last homestead of the predecessor and instantly spawn there instead of going through the tutorial and then spawn somewhere random,
that is, if the predecessor had an active homestead and it's not been destroyed yet.

So if the dead char had no homestead nearby or it has been destroyed, you will spawn in providence when inheriting and you'll have to move manually to the claim (or the one free teleport by map) to get to the claim and set up permissions.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby javimr » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Well, after reading Taipion i'm not sure anymore...
because i can tell you i inherited the homestad, but not the claim.
So, either i'm not getting it completely or there is a flaw in any of the afore mentioned statements.

Anyway, what i'm trying to do now is to level up, get "waste" skill with my current character and recreate the stake claim....
Let's see how things evolve.....

Thanks a lot for the answers!!!
javimr

Return to Bugs & Technicalities