The State of Salem

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: The State of Salem

Postby Taipion » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Everyone knows how easily the player numbers can be raised with even a little advertisement, we've seen that in the past already with Salem.

As for the devs, ... nothing is for sure, but just imagine winter JC is coming back, and brings good changes and more players (through advertisement, or simply due to dev activity),
and then all the "this game is dead, I so ragequit"-people will be very sorry, that in fact would be good for a whole lot of very salty tears, and simply thinking of the fact that JC really loves such tears, all that isn't even far fetched.
¦]

...oh wait, you are here for bashing each other, and not so much the game, go on...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: The State of Salem

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Taipion wrote:Everyone knows how easily the player numbers can be raised with even a little advertisement, we've seen that in the past already with Salem.

As for the devs, ... nothing is for sure, but just imagine winter JC is coming back, and brings good changes and more players (through advertisement, or simply due to dev activity),
and then all the "this game is dead, I so ragequit"-people will be very sorry, that in fact would be good for a whole lot of very salty tears, and simply thinking of the fact that JC really loves such tears, all that isn't even far fetched.
¦]

...oh wait, you are here for bashing each other, and not so much the game, go on...


I think that when JC returns we will see a spike in players. It's unfortunate JC has IRL commitments that take away dev time.

I don't think you will see a return of people like we have in the past. There is just too much that has happened.

I've spent over a decade of my life on haven and salem and it really hurts to see this game stagnant. I've always loved both games but salem has always been my true love under both devs. I understand both sides of the "rage quiters" and the people still having fun. Samir you have a passion project that has kept you love and interest in the game. Heff and others are burned out. I never thought I would see a post from heff after how much **** posting he has done to other quiter type threads. He might not be totally out but this thread is really telling. It's a big reason why games like these are hard to attract but more importantly KEEP the people who try it. Without new and shiny things to have fun with you will quickly run out of things to do and then hate yourself for doing the same chores every day wishing for more.

I really hope JC can come back one day and see what he can do to change things around similar to what jorb and loftar have done for haven.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15040
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: The State of Salem

Postby Ronch » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:49 am

To JC:
............. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lAY-rRRa4o
.............................................................................. :mrgreen:
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: The State of Salem

Postby belgear » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:04 am

I have complete faith that JC will be back, and that there will be an influx of positive change to the game along with new players.

The simple fact of people long gone still coming to these forums shows that they still hold it in their hearts somewhere and long for its rise.

we have a saying around here that we may or may not have stolen, but has a completely different connotation

Winter is coming.
User avatar
belgear
Customer
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 am

Re: The State of Salem

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Advertising may bring people. But will it make people stay after the advertising has gone and went?

This game isn't really designed around who will be going and coming. Some of the people who think advertising or JC activity will save the games state I feel sorry for, not because Salem is good or bad persay, but that's just how it is.

I may not have been around as long as Dallane through both games but I have been with Salem on/off throughout 4-5 years.

Have you ever seen other games go under and shutdown multiple times through different companies picking up the game? Salem is kinda like that, except for shutting down it just has plummeting player numbers inbetween all the little player risings.

Maybe one day I'll be wrong and Salem will find new light again, it doesn't really matter to me. I eventually would have quit no matter how high/active the playerbase were to be, thats just how life is.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: The State of Salem

Postby gorniksam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Judaism wrote:I recently gave up on my main base's upkeep and let someone else salvage it. Not because I could not keep the upkeep up for another year but because I simply could not care anymore about Salem.

lol u wat, liar
steeloxidex wrote:Lel, this game is ****, you probably all only play it because you have garbage computers that cant play real games.

I am going to go play some real games. LOL scrubs.

Image
User avatar
gorniksam
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am
Location: heffernan's heart

Re: The State of Salem

Postby Judaism » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm

gorniksam wrote:
Judaism wrote:I recently gave up on my main base's upkeep and let someone else salvage it. Not because I could not keep the upkeep up for another year but because I simply could not care anymore about Salem.

lol u wat, liar


Lol no u can check it out, its salvaged. The Pclaim might still be up, but that will run out soon-ish.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
User avatar
Judaism
Customer
 
Posts: 3859
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: The State of Salem

Postby gorniksam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Judaism wrote:
gorniksam wrote:
Judaism wrote:I recently gave up on my main base's upkeep and let someone else salvage it. Not because I could not keep the upkeep up for another year but because I simply could not care anymore about Salem.

lol u wat, liar


Lol no u can check it out, its salvaged. The Pclaim might still be up, but that will run out soon-ish.

I already checking it from months, pclaim is paid all the time but bell was unpaid for longer time but SOMEONE paid it like a week ago lol
steeloxidex wrote:Lel, this game is ****, you probably all only play it because you have garbage computers that cant play real games.

I am going to go play some real games. LOL scrubs.

Image
User avatar
gorniksam
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am
Location: heffernan's heart

Re: The State of Salem

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:18 am

gorniksam wrote:
Judaism wrote:
gorniksam wrote:
Judaism wrote:I recently gave up on my main base's upkeep and let someone else salvage it. Not because I could not keep the upkeep up for another year but because I simply could not care anymore about Salem.

lol u wat, liar


Lol no u can check it out, its salvaged. The Pclaim might still be up, but that will run out soon-ish.

I already checking it from months, pclaim is paid all the time but bell was unpaid for longer time but SOMEONE paid it like a week ago lol


Its Darwoth.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: The State of Salem

Postby TheDuke86 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:43 am

gorniksam wrote:
Judaism wrote:
gorniksam wrote:
Judaism wrote:I recently gave up on my main base's upkeep and let someone else salvage it. Not because I could not keep the upkeep up for another year but because I simply could not care anymore about Salem.

lol u wat, liar


Lol no u can check it out, its salvaged. The Pclaim might still be up, but that will run out soon-ish.

I already checking it from months, pclaim is paid all the time but bell was unpaid for longer time but SOMEONE paid it like a week ago lol


A Jew lies, what a surprise.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
User avatar
TheDuke86
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron