Empty Alt

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Empty Alt

Postby Carca » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:11 pm

I have an alt on a second account that I use for storing cut gems, tobacco and a few other items. I recently logged on to the alt and found it's inventory completely empty.
The alt was logged off in Providence with a lean to in my town which is all paid up. There were no signs of any crimes around the lean to.
Any ideas how this could have happened?
I just wondered if it was a bug - no problem if someone took them legitimately in game but I can't work out how.
User avatar
Carca
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Re: Empty Alt

Postby Taipion » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:28 pm

- port home from provi to see if it really has a leanto and it is where you think it is

- are you sure the is no one else who has or had access to that area?

- did the char only lose items from the inventory, or also cloths it was wearing?

If the char actually was offline all the time and no one could have accessed the leanto, then there is basically no way to explain this,
but chances are, it is a bit different. ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Empty Alt

Postby Carca » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Yes I ported home as soon as I realised I was empty - my leanto is definitely in my paid up town surrounded by walls and braziers.

No one has access to the area - I have no friends in Salem.

The cloths and held objects are fine. Just the Inv and backpack that are empty.
User avatar
Carca
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Re: Empty Alt

Postby Memento » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Check with Marp. He is known for developer abuse.
Memento
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Re: Empty Alt

Postby gorniksam » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:39 pm

Memento wrote:Check with Marp. He is known for developer abuse.

still mad
steeloxidex wrote:Lel, this game is ****, you probably all only play it because you have garbage computers that cant play real games.

I am going to go play some real games. LOL scrubs.

Image
User avatar
gorniksam
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am
Location: heffernan's heart

Re: Empty Alt

Postby Memento » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:43 pm

gorniksam wrote:
Memento wrote:Check with Marp. He is known for developer abuse.

still mad


Its serious advice. Its sad but, this is an option you have to consider when playing Salem.
Memento
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Re: Empty Alt

Postby Taipion » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:51 am

Memento wrote:
gorniksam wrote:
Memento wrote:Check with Marp. He is known for developer abuse.

still mad


Its serious advice. Its sad but, this is an option you have to consider when playing Salem.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Carca wrote:Yes I ported home as soon as I realised I was empty - my leanto is definitely in my paid up town surrounded by walls and braziers.

No one has access to the area - I have no friends in Salem.

The cloths and held objects are fine. Just the Inv and backpack that are empty.

This looks like you KOed for some reason, you might not have logged out in a safe way and KOed afterwards, but you'd be at your leanto then, not in provi.
You might have forgotten you KOed... ^^
That's at least the most likely answer, maybe not the right one, but the most likely.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Empty Alt

Postby gorniksam » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:27 am

Memento wrote:
gorniksam wrote:
Memento wrote:Check with Marp. He is known for developer abuse.

still mad


Its serious advice. Its sad but, this is an option you have to consider when playing Salem.

staph be so salty and saying such bs
steeloxidex wrote:Lel, this game is ****, you probably all only play it because you have garbage computers that cant play real games.

I am going to go play some real games. LOL scrubs.

Image
User avatar
gorniksam
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am
Location: heffernan's heart

Re: Empty Alt

Postby belgear » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:11 am

Did you somehow get the madness episode that dumps your inventory and not notice?
User avatar
belgear
Customer
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 am

Re: Empty Alt

Postby Taipion » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:39 pm

belgear wrote:Did you somehow get the madness episode that dumps your inventory and not notice?


Wasn't there just that gnome that does this? Or is there a separate madness episode for that, too?

Also, you might have clicked "Yes" when being asked if you want to drop all your inventory and respawn at your HS as your position is occupied by something else.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Next

Return to Help!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Rifmaster and 10 guests