Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:05 am

Ronch wrote:
Judaism wrote:Scout birds -
Shows pictures of bases past render, could also be something different such as scout towers etc. The point of the idea is that you can somehow see past render to scout a big base properly.

The private mount update plans will allow players to see beyond draw-distance (while mounted) according to JC's info shared with us when he introduced the game's private mounts update plan.


How to miss the point 101
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Wynfair » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:49 pm

What about recording and updating some new female sound wav's for your crazy talk

I bet you could make a contest out of it.

Get everyopne to submit a wav or whatever sound file you use to wherever and you pick a winner and boom

Just an idea :)
Wynfair
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:16 am

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby pistolshrimp » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:15 am

Bugs-ish
Salvage on Bee Skeps works the same as destroy, but gives your materials back at well. Destroy should give you the honey, Salvage the materials.
Problem with priestly shirt when equipped to the Coat Slot it switches off the what ever the shirt when interacting with a mannequin.
Collect hay --> Collect Hay
There is some confusion about Food Group naming schemes Ie (Fruit, Potato Foods, Dairy Foods --> I suggest dropping the Food/Foods part and renaming Potato Foods to Starches).
Carpenter's Chest says "Carpenterschest" when opened.

Other
Crow Headdress for 24 Crow Feathers rather than Headdmess. Image
Need a Candy for the Fruit Food group --> Candied Apple.Image
Some way to keep track of Majesty's IOU's.
Be able to combine Rattler Serums.
Pave with Obsidian.
Bring back Candy Basket as a craftable item that can hold candy.
Allow Golden Eggs and all Easter eggs can go into Egg Basket.
Feather Bag. Image
Add Cake and Spinach Soup for Clarkson the Curious.
Change color of thermal value to warm orange to differentiate thermal value from inspirational use. Image
Last edited by pistolshrimp on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
pistolshrimp
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 am

pistolshrimp wrote:Bugs-ish
Salvage on Bee Skeps works the same as destroy, but gives your materials back at well. Destroy should give you the honey, Salvage the materials.
Problem with priestly shirt when equipped to the Coat Slot it switches off the what ever the shirt when interacting with a mannequin.
Collect hay --> Collect Hay
There is some confusion about Food Group naming schemes Ie (Fruit, Potato Foods, Dairy Foods --> I suggest dropping the Food/Foods part and renaming Potato Foods to Starches).
Carpenter's Chest says "Carpenterschest" when opened.

Other
Crow Headdress for 24 Crow Feathers rather than Headdmess. Image
Need a Candy for the Fruit Food group --> Candied Apple.Image
Some way to keep track of Majesty's IOU's.
Be able to combine Rattler Serums.
Pave with Obsidian.
Bring back Candy Basket as a craftable item that can hold candy.
Allow Golden Eggs and all Easter eggs can go into Egg Basket.
Feather Bag. Image
Add Cake and Spinach Soup for Clarkson the Curious.
Change color of thermal value to warm orange to differentiate thermal value from inspirational use. Image

Bunch of horrible ideas.
ZoddAlmighty
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Taipion » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:18 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:Bugs-ish
Salvage on Bee Skeps works the same as destroy, but gives your materials back at well. Destroy should give you the honey, Salvage the materials.
Problem with priestly shirt when equipped to the Coat Slot it switches off the what ever the shirt when interacting with a mannequin.
Collect hay --> Collect Hay
There is some confusion about Food Group naming schemes Ie (Fruit, Potato Foods, Dairy Foods --> I suggest dropping the Food/Foods part and renaming Potato Foods to Starches).
Carpenter's Chest says "Carpenterschest" when opened.

Other
Crow Headdress for 24 Crow Feathers rather than Headdmess. Image
Need a Candy for the Fruit Food group --> Candied Apple.Image
Some way to keep track of Majesty's IOU's.
Be able to combine Rattler Serums.
Pave with Obsidian.
Bring back Candy Basket as a craftable item that can hold candy.
Allow Golden Eggs and all Easter eggs can go into Egg Basket.
Feather Bag. Image
Add Cake and Spinach Soup for Clarkson the Curious.
Change color of thermal value to warm orange to differentiate thermal value from inspirational use. Image


Yes, and also a nail-sack. :D
And be able to feed egg shells to turkeys.

- candy baskets are craft-able, the recipe is somewhat secret though
- you can keep track of your IOUs and the top 10 IOU collectors at the book near the npc

[edit] I might be able to do the thermal number colour client sided, no promise though
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby pistolshrimp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:40 am

Yeah, I guess it’s a catharsis sort of thing for me, once I post it, I don’t have to worry about it any more. I can move onto entirely different frustrations/bad ideas.

Taipion wrote:- candy baskets are craft-able, the recipe is somewhat secret though

Thanks for the info. I’ll have to figure out that recipe.

Taipion wrote:you can keep track of your IOUs and the top 10 IOU collectors at the book near the npc

Can you explain this one to me like I’m a little slow because I’ve tried clicking that podium next to His Majesty’s son and I don’t see anything come up.

Taipion wrote: I might be able to do the thermal number colour client sided, no promise though

That’s hot.
User avatar
pistolshrimp
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Worm » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:Can you explain this one to me like I’m a little slow because I’ve tried clicking that podium next to His Majesty’s son and I don’t see anything come up.

You may need to finish the entry quests (the pre-generated ones, they end on 4 wild garlic + 1 crucifix + 1 sharpened stick -- short order) in order to see your IOUs and top 10.
Worm
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests