World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Postby goblin_babe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:40 am

has any one able to find a map of Jamestown. http://salem.comlu.com/ has never worked on my pc since I started salem so will be great if anyone has one
goblin_babe

Postby Claeyt » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:03 am

goblin_babe wrote:has any one able to find a map of Jamestown. http://salem.comlu.com/ has never worked on my pc since I started salem so will be great if anyone has one

There are no publicly available maps now. I think this thread provided the software to build your own but I'm not sure.

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1782&hilit=mapping

All your tiles are saved under Salem maps.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby ZtyX » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:53 pm

We've needed a map for a long time now. How can it be that still nobody has put it online? Is it really that hard to find hosting? Someone take the responsibility and put it online already. Please.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:56 pm

ZtyX wrote:We've needed a map for a long time now. How can it be that still nobody has put it online? Is it really that hard to find hosting? Someone take the responsibility and put it online already. Please.

Unfortunately the only organized system of Government is on Plymouth. Therefore, It is the only server with a complete hosted map.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby drmex » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 pm

ZtyX wrote:We've needed a map for a long time now. How can it be that still nobody has put it online? Is it really that hard to find hosting? Someone take the responsibility and put it online already. Please.

It's doubtful anyone will make any of their maps publicly available. It gives too much information away. If you want a publicly available map of Jamestown then start the initiative, get a site and start asking ppl to donate maps.
drmex

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:13 pm

drmex wrote:It's doubtful anyone will make any of their maps publicly available. It gives too much information away. If you want a publicly available map of Jamestown then start the initiative, get a site and start asking ppl to donate maps.

Or just go to Plymouth where they already are available.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:19 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:
drmex wrote:Dammit, there is a fly in my soup.

Well you should have ordered a salad.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
DarkNacht

Postby Darwoth » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:50 pm

i would put up/host the maps for the different servers but i am not going to try to figure out how to do the php scripting for it and my guildmate that was going to lost interest in salem a long time ago.

so if anyone has the script to make the maps work post it here and me (or someone else) will bring the maps online again.
Darwoth

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Darwoth wrote:and my guildmate that was going to

Darwoth confirmed to think he has a guildmate LOL!

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby drmex » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Darwoth wrote:i would put up/host the maps for the different servers but i am not going to try to figure out how to do the php scripting for it and my guildmate that was going to lost interest in salem a long time ago.

so if anyone has the script to make the maps work post it here and me (or someone else) will bring the maps online again.

I have the PHP script for it. Do you have the zoomed tiles or just a map you've created?

The thing that takes time is creating the zoomed tiles. Most of the map sites were using the google maps API. There's a script to create tiled images in Photoshop. I was emailing back and forth with Imrelli but she said after the image gets too big the script doesn't work. I'm waiting to hear back from her on a python script she was using to do it.
drmex

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana