A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Existing groups and towns recruit here.

Re: A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Postby niko8 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:23 am

Darwoth wrote:if you want to join the town under the pretense of being a super secret spy against me that is at your perogative :lol:

there will be virtually nothing you can do to sabotage the actual town and any information your "spying" nets will be trivial at best.

Actually I was thinking to troll newbies in your village chat to make them headaches :D

Hetman de War, leader of Lost colony of Agropelters
niko8

Postby Claeyt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:50 am

First off, Pras for the effort to grow the server. Yay, Darwoth.

Second off, LOL for getting banned on the first day of your town recruitment.

Third off, there's no way that this is a way for Darwoth to burn the server. He could probably just do it anyways without this whole town thing. I'm taking him at his word that this is an attempt to grow the game, so I"ll be supporting this and telling new people about the effort. Large Cities or towns like they have in HnH is the one thing that I've really wanted to see in Salem. We've got a couple of 20 person towns going down here on Roanoke and they seem to have more fun.

Good luck, It sounds fun and I may even join with my live play alt on Jamestown. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to PM you. :lol:

AmmaBoss wrote:So we will have to leave our base which took us months to build to join your town and if we don't you will kill us?

I'm guessing that if you also commit to the town, and participate in the militia and other things that help the town, he'll probably let you keep your base as an outpost or personal farm.

niko8 wrote:Actually I was thinking to troll newbies in your village chat to make them headaches :D

That sounds like about the fastest way to commit suicide in Salem that I've ever heard. Any trolling in the village chat and he just kicks you out of the town, declaims your **** and when you log back on inside the town, he then kills you.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:55 am

I'd love to join the town with an alt and leave my main character developing my current village. Is that allowed?
RonPaulFTW

Postby Angel_of_Death » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:15 am

OK i will join........................................................
Angel_of_Death

Postby colesie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:19 am

Moved to The Colonial Charter for village recruitment
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby RuneNL » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:41 am

Regardless of what the Chief says I trust Darwoth on this one.
Darwoth could have killed me before and didnt.

Its been on his mind for quite some time, talked to him about this before.

Darwoth, best ranger, PK and veteran on JT.

I rather stand with him (risk he kills me) then against him (surely he will kill me).

My 2cents, send PM.
RuneNL

Postby Hardy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:43 pm

RuneNL wrote:I rather stand with him (risk he kills me) then against him (surely he will kill me).

I am going to agree with RuneNL on this I would rather risk him killing me now then have him and a dozen or so people come knocking at my gates in a few months.
Hardy

Postby drmex » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:35 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:Then of course there will be the HoB thread when he claims over all the citizens of the town and murders them as well.

This. What happens when Darwoth get's bored of running the town? Impatient with dealing with issues? What happens when there are no more enemies to conquer or kill? A killer is a killer.
drmex

Postby Darwoth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:59 am

whelp i am back from my arbitrary suspension at the hands of chiefs buttbuddy, i see the initial post was shoved into this board that nobody reads as well. how lovely.

in any case i have more messages about the town than even i expected yet and i will get back to all of you over the course of this evening.

a few notes:

1> yes you can maintain your old holdings just so long as you are actually active at and maintain a plot in the town, i understand some people will want larger farms than the town can support or to find a better mine etc and that is fine. however where you hang your hat and interact with folks on a daily basis should be the town.

2> disregard anything chief says, in case everyone isn't already anyway after he stood around jamestown this morning sending private messages to newbs about the server being closed down ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7433 ) . the layout of the town is going to be structured as an open suburb, not a fortress/prison as such there is no way for myself or anybody else to slaugher everyone as it is openly acceisble. that is why everybody is responsible for their own basic level of plot security. there will be no perimeter walls, just a public town square and tools area which will be surrounded by personal plots protected from outsiders by the town claim.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:58 am

if you have sent me a message you should have a reply. so far the first settlers list is at 7 people with an additional 4 from other servers that are waiting on a public hearth spawn to get settled. a few more additions for the first settler list and i will open the town to the first wave and allow them to get settled in for a few days before opening a hearth spawn and taking in new guys.

if everyone who has sent me a message shows up then we are off to a great start already, and will grow faster than i expected. the sooner you get in the closer your plot will be to the town center. something to consider.

with regards to plot size, what do folks consider reasonable for a town setting? i think most towns in haven used the 25x25 standard, but i am open to whatever. dont really care so long as it is within reason and not hogging to much space.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to The Colonial Charter