The structure i suggest is:
a) Subject of the idea
b) Examples of what it can offer
c) Skills to be developed
d) New Structures

a)
- Making Cheese
b)
- Making 1 basic kind of CHEESE, but from which you can do other kinds of cheese when adding different products
- Cheese is made out of: Milk (which can come from: Cows, Buffalo, Goats, Sheep)
- You then can add different ingredients to produce a different variety of cheese (Black Peppers, Garlic, Chives, Cranberries, Herbs, Lemon Juice, Vinegar)
- Cheese would be shown in the rounded shape that everyone knows, and could be eaten in two serves
- when eaten once, it would show half the cheese in your inventory
- The process involves 3 steps: Curdling + Curd processing + Ripening
c)
- Cheese Making (to create basic solid cheese)
- Advanced "Cheeser" (for those who want to create different cheese kinds, with added herbs and different ingredients)
d)
- Curdling means acidifying the cheese. For this you can add vinegar for example. I suggest building a recipent to add the milk+vinegar (and mixing right after)
- Curd processing means cutting the cheese in blocks so water drains. I suggest building some kind of table with holes to represent this process, where cheese would be displayed on it
- Ripening is where the cheese ages and when the cheese gains flavour. I suggest building a rest house or furniture where the cheese is kept for a few weeks or month (cheese should rest for long periods of time)

Side Note: cheese is a complex and demanding product. It SHOULD age for long periods of time (i suggest 1 month?). There are just so many kinds of cheese one can make, it would be awesome if we could have a whole bunch of different products out of this
pedrostr

Re: Cheese Making

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby milonti » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:27 pm

staxjax wrote:http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Cheese

I would love this system again.
milonti

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:28 pm

During one of the show off videos, I'm certain I saw a cow in the background (aka artwork is done for them). I would expect we'll be seeing some form of cheesing eventually.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Uberness » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:13 pm

milonti wrote:
staxjax wrote:http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Cheese

I would love this system again.

if they use this same system I hope they fix it first...there was a bug so cave cheddar never worked you always got generic gouda, but it was a good system and would be awesome in Salem since cattle will be purchased instead of tamed. no almost getting killed just to get a cow :mrgreen:
Uberness

Postby Shoi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:00 am

This could easily be linked into a type of crafting system so that it works with milk. Possibly Churns and Barrels, Churns you can make a buttermilk or butter. And milk in barrels with certain materials could turn into cheeses.
Shoi

Return to Ideas & Innovations