New craft trees?

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: New craft trees?

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:30 am

Penwith wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:
Penwith wrote:And as far as what is planned...links = proof. Otherwise it is just a wishlist item that may never be added.

lol oh my, great laugh i had for today.
links = proof? dont you see they are still wishlist items?
just go do a little bit of homework at least, like magicman said. otherwise nothing sounds plausible.

You do realize there is a differnce between planned and mere wishlist items, right? Planned = devs intend to add it; wishlist = devs may get to it, may not.

Some here apparently confuse the two. To state it is "planned", well which is it, planned or wishlist? Planned should be linked, wishlist doesn't require such evidence. Why are posts stickied? To help folks find very useful information. Why does this suggestion thread not have a sticky containing the planned additions and wishlist items? Imagine how useful that kind of information would be.

devs intend to add it = devs may get to it, may not.

why would they want to waste time on listing everything of what they said for you who dont even try to find any of the info you think you need so that you could make a "suggestion"? they have their own plan, but nothing is in stone. they mention their plans time to time because they hope we know its not set in stone. if not, devs would stop talking about any of their plans just like normal developers in other games because ppl would start calling them liars and raeg so badly when devs change their mind or postpone stuff or whatever.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Penwith » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:47 am

You still fail to grasp the point of the tread. If you worry about someone raging, check a handy mirror. It is easy enough to have a sticky thread containing the various intended and wishlist items, with the expected proviso that none of it may ever happen or that they are contingent upon other factors.

Would this not be helpful to new players, all new players, who have not been playing the "beta" for the past six months or more?

How many threads of " i want silver/gold mines." or "i want tropical fruit" or " buffalo and native peoples" or " are we going to have cannons?" could be avoided?

A simple sticky with:

"The inclusion of native peoples was considered, but ultimately rejected as the focus of the game is on the new world experience of a immigrant fro Europe."

Or

"Dairy cows are intended for inclusion at a later time. To be purchased from suppliers in Boston, but a beef industry with associated tools and recipes is not in our plans"

Or any other comments from the devs, or their authorized spokespersons, for any of the known planned and wishlisted items. The utility of such a sticky is obvious...but woe be unto anyone to make the suggestion.
Penwith

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 am

The issue here is this isn't an itemized collection of ideas, it's just a handful of them. And no one has tried yet to create that, it is a fair effort. It was done for bugs back in Pre-com beta though.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Penwith » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:06 am

Ty, Sevenless.

And my point is, and always been, if someone knows the link, why not post it? Again, a collection of ideas is a very non-specific category which would require either some knowledge of it or specific words whereby to search and retreive it all.

Such a collection does not have to be complete at the moment it is posted, but can be added to as new information is made available or as older posts are rediscovered.

Who better than to begin such a collection? I suggest someone who has been around here and involved in the discussions a while. This precludes myself, but I do recognize its utility. Also, as a H&H player, which I am sure there are many others waiting for access to Salem, knowing what from that game is intended for this game would also be good information to have.
Penwith

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:17 am

Sevenless wrote:It was done for bugs back in Pre-com beta though.

for bugs and tech support, i felt it was needed for the community when the bug tracker wasnt available.
i dont feel the need to put much effort for "suggestions", for those who dont even do their part themselves.
if someone want to babysit wannabe-suggestion gurus, please go ahead. they wont read it anyways, though, just like the bugs one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Penwith » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:40 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:i dont feel the need to put much effort for "suggestions", for those who dont even do their part themselves.

Let me use smaller words...

New
Players
May
Not
Know
What
They
Are
To
Search
For
When
They
Did
Not
Play
H&H.

To expect every new player to Salem to search for every possible suggestion, including every variation of same, before they post their own suggestion, is a bit much for reality to bear. On the other hand, to encourage those with specific knowledge, to add the links they know of, to a sticky, where all known planned and wishlisted items are kept, is not outside the realm of experience already shown in other catagories of this forum.

You don't feel the need to expend much effort, then don't. Don't post in this thread, in fact, as it already appears to have overtaxed you. You have zero knowledge of what I have happened to search for in this forum, zero, nor that of any other person new to the game. You obviously do not wish to be helpful...and that your membership in the human race does not require that you do so is a good thing in your case.

However, those that do wish to be helpful, those who do know about the information mentioned above, there is a sure avenue for your desire to help to come into play. New players to Salem, especially those who have no experience with H&H, may well thank you for your kindness in showing them the possible future of this game.
Penwith

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:46 am

Make the list and submit it to... the I/I mod (Potjeh :D), I forget who it is and am busy at this particular moment. This thread is badly titled for the purpose you suggest and filled with clutter so a new one would need to be used.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Penwith » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:53 am

Sevenless wrote:Make the list and submit it to... the I/I mod, I forget who it is and am busy at this particular moment. This thread is badly titled for the purpose you suggest and filled with clutter so a new one would need to be used.

I certainly never expected THIS thread to be the one stickied, but I will do as you say and contact the mod. I wanted ro start the conversation which would help to cause a sticky being created. So, ty again, Sevenless for reading the thread.

Btw, for the others, new players will not necessarily know to search the Paradox forum and that forum is a PITA to do a series of searches...forcing 60 seconds between each search.
Penwith

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:54 am

Penwith wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Make the list and submit it to... the I/I mod, I forget who it is and am busy at this particular moment. This thread is badly titled for the purpose you suggest and filled with clutter so a new one would need to be used.

I certainly never expected THIS thread to be the one stickied, but I will do as you say and contact the mod. I wanted ro start the conversation which would help to cause a sticky being created. So, ty again, Sevenless for reading the thread.

Btw, for the others, new players will not necessarily know to search the Paradox forum and that forum is a PITA to do a series of searches...forcing 60 seconds between each search.

I don't feel it's necessary because no one's going to read it anyway who makes the repetitive obvious posts, but I'm not the one doing the work so I don't honestly mind.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:00 am

Penwith wrote:it is not just for me...again, re-read my posts. Why not save ALL the newcomers the hassle of searching every possible/potential addition to the game and post a link?

I was going to address this early on in the thread and ended up going afk before I got it posted the way I wanted then just dumped the whole post.... silly me.

Nobody has volunteered to track all of this. Feel free to step and do so. It's not too hard to look up dev posts here and on Paradox Plaza and then search for posts where one of them was mentioned. There's just a lot to sort through. Most of us have our own projects to assist the community along with trying to keep up with the game and this would be a big project. I don't know about the other mods, but it's not something I want to contribute my time to if the person that does try to do this quits.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations