[Roanoke] The Ultimate Scavenger Hunt

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: [Roanoke] The Ultimate Scavenger Hunt

Postby aj_chichi » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:34 am

I hope i can drink all the wine and eat all the food to the next place :D And meet Odin The "All Father"
aj_chichi

Postby Claeyt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:34 pm

So finally got to Vice City. :lol:

Just didn't know it even tho I had it mapped for awhile. Nice location. Your time estimate of course is based on if you know where all these towns are Yourgrandmother, although even then I think you're on L33L33 time. :D

The 5th clue and 4th key without the code reads as follows, "A place where you go to in Norse Mythology". So speak to most anybody as to where Valhalla is, Thor and Brayns can tell you how to get there or you could just head deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep North. It has 1000 fields all fallow, and was probably the biggest town on the game back when. Just head West across the fords of Isengard and you're there. ;)

Good luck 2nd placers.
Last edited by Claeyt on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Claeyt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:40 pm

aj_chichi wrote:I hope i can drink all the wine and eat all the food to the next place :D And meet Odin The "All Father"

Don't talk to Odin to get to Valhalla, he'll send you to Camelot instead. :lol:

Valhalla is eeeeempty. amazing echoes through it's church, and vast fields laying empty now.

The 6th clue and 5th key reads as follow without the code for all you slackers out there. "Named after the longest named lake in the world" so get your Wikipedia bookmark humming campers. I know where that town is and it's not in Massachusetts. :lol:

Good luck, 2nd Placers

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby RainbowMoostache » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Claeyt wrote:
aj_chichi wrote:I hope i can drink all the wine and eat all the food to the next place :D And meet Odin The "All Father"

Don't talk to Odin to get to Valhalla, he'll send you to Camelot instead. :lol:

Valhalla is eeeeempty. amazing echoes through it's church, and vast fields laying empty now.

The 6th clue and 5th key reads as follow without the code for all you slackers out there. "Named after the longest named lake in the world" so get your Wikipedia bookmark humming campers. I know where that town is and it's not in Massachusetts. :lol:

Good luck, 2nd Placers

You know where that town is because I told you it.

Now get yo ass online so we can go to this town already or mightaswell set up some braziers around your inbox.
RainbowMoostache

Postby Claeyt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:46 pm

RainbowMoostache wrote:You know where that town is because I told you it.

Now get yo ass online so we can go to this town already or mightaswell set up some braziers around your inbox.

I know where the next town is because I followed it's 40 mile road to it a month ago. :lol:

Luckily I have a guy with a canoe across the lake from it. :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

If you're nice I might build a claim and port you there.

I'm going to take a coffee break and eat some breakfast, but don't worry I'll be on later. ;)

Your cards are still pretty. :lol:

Claeyt

Postby Yourgrandmother » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Claeyt wrote: Your time estimate of course is based on if you know where all these towns are Yourgrandmother

I think the estimate is about right on the low-end if you know all the towns. The high end of ~15 hours is probably more accurate if you spend time looking for each location in a general viscinity. I was hoping for more participating in the thread giving hints to one another myself excluded.

Took me ~10 hours to set everything up although much of the time was making keys, naming them, placing in stumps.
Yourgrandmother

Postby Claeyt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Yourgrandmother wrote:
Claeyt wrote: Your time estimate of course is based on if you know where all these towns are Yourgrandmother

I think the estimate is about right on the low-end if you know all the towns. The high end of ~15 hours is probably more accurate if you spend time looking for each location in a general viscinity. I was hoping for more participating in the thread giving hints to one another myself excluded.

Took me ~10 hours to set everything up although much of the time was making keys, naming them, placing in stumps.

Most of the towns are well know, I've probably spent a total of 12 hrs total on it with "Vice City" being 8 of those hrs. As for helping people, I've ported at least 5 people to the Hive in the last 3 days to get a start and have told people who to talk to for directions

Claeyt

Postby RainbowMoostache » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Are you coming already. I am ready to get to this town.
RainbowMoostache

Postby Yourgrandmother » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:03 pm

You're near the finish line Rainbow.

Should ditch him and claim prize #1
Yourgrandmother

Postby Claeyt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:07 pm

As I left the vast ruins of Croatan In the mid Southern Autumnal Region (I can't believe you didn't use it for the scavenger hunt YG) and headed to the E side of the lake towards the town and vast fields of "Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg" :lol: I wondered if this would be the last gigantic town to visit. I finally found a key amongst their gigantic stump field stretching as far as the eye can see. The 7th clue and 6th key reads some special instructions about frogs or lizards or something. :D (Hint: go to Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg first)

If you want to find out how to find the last place I suggest all of you hassle Kit Kat aka "Binks" in Roanoke until he tells you. He's usually found loafing around the statue or up to no good in one the back alley's... :lol:

Good luck
Last edited by Claeyt on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses